Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-18-2006, 01:27 PM   #1  

Default Problems with loose skin?

I am not horribly overweight (5'10" and 142 pounds), it's just that most of my "weight" seems to come from fat, because my tummy, especially, is huge! Anyway, I have been trying to eat smaller portions and average at around 1500-1600 calories per day. Also, I have continued with my weight lifting (both free weight and machines) and cardio.

My question is, when I get smaller from losing that fat and replacing it with muscle (which I'm sure I have more of than I realize, hiding under the fat), do you think I'll have a problem with loose skin in my ab area? Or is that just if I'd lose a LOT of weight or lose it too quickly?
hellcatjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:50 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Meg started a WONDERFUL thread a while back about Loose Skin that will answer ALL of your questions!!!

It's one of the 3 Fat Chicks' Official SSSSSMOKIN' HOT threads... (okay, there isn't REALLY an 3FCOSHT designation but I was just thinking of Jim Carrey in The Mask so sue me )

Taaaah daaahhh!!!

Weight Loss And Skin FAQs
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #3  

Oh, great! I figured this had come up a time or two before. Thanks for the link; I've already read some but will have to look over the rest when I have more time. I am young and hopefully I won't have any problems, but since I'm TTC, I will probably end up gaining another 30 pounds during pregnancy before I get where I want to be (hopefully, I don't want it to take that long to get pregnant!), so that might make a big difference. My husband already told me when I first started working out that if I needed it, we'd save up money for a tummy tuck when the time came. I hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does, it does.
hellcatjill is offline   Reply With Quote