Vibrogym

• The gym I use has just purchased a Vibrogym. The staff are very enthusiastic, I am sceptical. Does anyone have any information regarding the use of vibration while working out.
  • Crikey, alberta! What on earth is that?
  • I think it could be what is caled a Powerplate in Europe, Silverbirch (long time no see too!) have a look at www.powerplate.com
    It is a vibrating platform that is supposed to do more, more inensely and in 1/3 of the time needed for the same results doing conventional exercise.
    I have not used it, but heard that it has not had a lot of serious scientific backing, although it is widely used. My instructor did not like it, the vibrations were to static and uncomfortable for him. I would like to try it, if only to see what it's like

greetings,

Lieke
  • Someone just emailed this link to us - http://www.vibrogym.com/ I've never heard of it either. But I'm reminded of those vibrating belt machines from the 1950s
  • Huh?
    I don't understand -- do you just stand on the machine and let it vibrate you? Or is it like a vibrating step machine? Now that could be challenging ...
  • Gee Mox, what a thought, and I am having enough trouble with the bosu!
  • Quote: But I'm reminded of those vibrating belt machines from the 1950s
    Those were my thoughts exactly too those vibrating machines, they made your butt tingle but I doubt they made the fat go away
  • Oh my, haven't thought of those for years! My mother used to go to a "place" (I hesitate to call it a gym) where they had them.
  • I looked at the vibrogym site, it is like the powerplate (Dutch design)