3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   What do you have for lunch??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/54894-what-do-you-have-lunch.html)

Hockeychic 03-15-2005 09:44 AM

What do you have for lunch???

I am getting on a get healthy for summer kick and I have started to plan my meals...... What I am stuck on is lunch??? What do you eat for lunch????

Help please!!!!

Thanks

LKTS 03-15-2005 01:55 PM

Hi, HC (oh, how I miss hockey) -

When I plan my meals for the week, I plan to make leftovers so I can bring them for lunch. Otherwise I tend to buy junk at work. Also a possibility are simple things like salads or sandwiches or frozen meals, if those fit into your eating plan.

WaterRat 03-15-2005 02:25 PM

When I have it all together I like to bring a BIG salad (or what my DH calls a salad kit, as I assemble it when I'm ready to eat). I use lots of lettuce, often several kinds, sometimes some shredded cabbage, then whatever other salad stuff I have, like tomatoes, carrots, celery, peppers. I really like to add avocado if I have it. Then I add a protein source. My favorite is S&W Carribean black beans, warmed up. But grilled chicken is good too. DH likes leftover salmon on his. For a dressing I mix ff sour cream and salsa, dump it on and mix it up. If you use the warm beans they're juicy enough to mix with sc/salsa and the greens, etc. coated with this is excellen. Sort of a mock taco salad. :) I recently discovered a stash of Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones frozen dinners in my freezer (when did I buy these? Or did the house sitter?) so I've been having these about once a week, but I need to supplement them with veggies or salad. Not enough alone.

Mel 03-15-2005 02:38 PM

Big piles of leftover vegies and/or salad greens with some sort of lean protein on top: chicken breast, tuna, cottage cheese, turkey breast and black bean chili, catfish (not so lean!), salmon. I usually add a very small carb portion in the form of chick peas, a half an apple or some other fruit,a bit of sweet potato in chunks, or a sprinkle of fiber one as croutons or dry oatmeal (flat croutons :lol: ). Dressing is either salsa, waaay watered down Girard Champagne Light, my own olive oil and balsamic vinegar, or no dressing.

Mel

Ilene 03-15-2005 06:11 PM

I like leftovers from the night before, I always make too much stir fry and have it for lunch...

4rabbit 03-16-2005 05:10 AM

I have a sandwich + big salad, or a grilled sandwich, or a shake with brewers yeart, soy chunks, jogurt and orange juice.
If I have leftovers I tend to eat too much of them.

rabbit

Hockeychic 03-16-2005 06:40 AM

Great ideas everyone.....thank you.