I'm fatter than I thought

• I had my body fat tested with the underwater hydrostatic method. I'm 39 pounds fat, 106 pounds lean, total 145, and 27% body fat.

I was surprised that I had that much fat left on my body, after having lost 30.

So now what? I'd like to lose more fat, but I don't want to cut calories again. I'm thinking about weight training to put on some more muscle.
  • 27% body fat isn't terrible, isn't it just 2% over average? I would just concentrate on cleaning up your diet (avoiding processed foods, etc), cardio and weight training
  • I would definitely look into weight training to build muscle and lose that last little bit of fat... Congrats on your weightloss
  • Thanks for moving the thread. Yes, I'm looking into weightlifting.
  • Say more!
    Please, please, tell us more about that method of fat measurement. I know it is truly the gold standard; the most accurate method by far.......how much did it cost and how did you get it arranged? I have not even heard of it offered.
  • A friend and I got it done at a local gym, and they charged us each $60.
  • Redlight, weight training is the way to go. I had my body fat tested (with calipers) right as I met my weight loss goal and was starting up with a weight training program. In 6 weeks I went from 22.2% to 20.5% body fat--that's 1.7% in 6 weeks. I lost of couple of pounds too, but mostly I lost body fat and gained 1lb of lean mass. It's all good!