Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-28-2006, 11:00 AM   #1  
cha

S/C/G: 228/142/125

Talking TT date has changed....DAHHHH!!!

Oh boy!!! My surgery date has changed!!! Yesterday hubby got hit with a bomb from work. The company sold out to another larger company. Therefore, their shifts have changed. He has to work on my original surgery date now!! DAHHHH!!! Naturally, I freaked plum out!! I mean, ummm, no one would be there for me at all!!! Yikes!!! So, I called the dr. offices and explained my situation. They said no problem, we just had a cancellation and we can get you in on the 19th of june!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! 10 days earlier than before!!!!Plus, hubby will just be getting off the day before, and will be in the town next to the one I will have my surgery in!! So, I am gonna pick him up on sunday the 18th, drive to Dallas, get a motel, SLEEP all day, and then go to my TT surgery the next morning!! WOOHOO!!! I am so dang excited, I can barely breathe!!! Now that everything has changed, I have to reschedule my bloodwork appt. for 1 week earlier, and have my perscripitons called into my pharmacy instead of taking the perscription in to be filled!! Sheesh!! It's all moving a lil faster than I had planned!! Who knows, maybe they will call me again for an earlier date than this one!! Anyhoooooo, I needed to tell someone cuz my nerves have kicked in again, and I am still keeping it a secret from family and friends. So, I thought I'd pop in and TELL ya'll, so I can feel a lil better!!! LOL
cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:38 AM   #2  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

Congrats!!

I'm glad things are working out for you. Keep us posted please!!
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #3  
cha

Thanks for responding CJ!!!! I am so excited about this!! I havent had one bad thought about it in 4 days!!! Woohooo!! Actually I really havent had time to think about it cuz my oldest daughter broke her finger on Friday. I have been in and out of the ER and the dr. office ever since with her!! She is a soccer player, and runs track for her school. This had created quite a few stirs at school, and on the soccer team as well. Everbody has been calling me every hr. on the hr. wanting to know how she is doing, and if she will still be able to continue her sports. LOL!!! I havent even had time to watch my diet or exercise!! But, I havent moved an ounce, so good thing!! Anyhooo, I will keep ya'll posted when it happens for me!! Thanks again!!
Old 05-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #4  

I have a question for you Cha. It looks like you're about 15 pounds from your goal weight. Are you planning to lose more weight after the TT? Did the doctor say anything about where you should be weight wise before you have the TT? I was just curious. Your weight loss is awesome and very inspiring by the way! I was just curious is you were still shooting for 125 even after your TT.
Miss DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congrat's on the TT. I hope you love it. I have friends that have had it done and they look great. Wish I could get one, but too many Abd. surgeries. Good luck and wishing you the best.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #6  
cha

Hi there all!! Sorry it has been so long since I have been in here. I have found so many other threads around here. This place is so cool!!! Sometimes I even forget where I have posted!! LOL. So, its been hard for me to keep up with myself!! hahaha
Anyhooooooo, miss dc........I asked him about the weight thing. He said that he will not do the TT unless his patients are at least within 15-18 lbs of their goal weight or less than it. Anything above or below, he wont do the TT. Cant remember why, but I think he said it was for health risk reasons being under weight. And I think he said that the TT wouldnt look right if he did it on someone that had 50 lbs left to go, then lost it afterwards. The tummy would be flat for awhile, but then after that large of a weightloss would cause the TT to look droopy and saggy again. Because thats a lot of weight to take off a person!! So, if you are within 15-18 lbs of your goalweight, and you have the TT, then lose the rest of your weight, it wont make a huge difference in the tummy area. It will still be tight, and flat. I hope you are getting me here, because I NEVER make sense of my thoughts!! LOL!!! Basically, he likes for his work to stay perfect. If you take care of yourself and follow his guidelines, then it will be a success, but if you dont it wont. His practice, though, is stickler in weight. You have to be very close to your goalweight or right on it, to have the surgery done by him. I think thats cool. Because it shows that he really cares about what his patients look like afterwards. He did say this to me...."if you end up losing all the weight you want to lose, thats great. But make sure you dont lose anymore after that cuz it will make you look too skinny!!" I guess that means that for my build I shouldnt go under 125 lbs. And my hubby said that too. He said, after a comment I made about another surgery(my thighs), that there wouldnt be anything left of his wife!! He thinks I am skinny right now, and that after this TT, I shouldnt try to lose anymore weight. I am not sure if I will. But I definitely do want to have my excess skin removed from my thighs!!! Doc said that if he did that surgery as well, he would take about another 4 lbs off my legs cuz there's nothing left but skin. He said that from what he can see, and feel, I have no more fat on my body that needs to be gone. It's all just excess skin left over from my weightloss. So, he encouraged me to have the TT done, and then in a year or so, come back for the thigh lift. But if I were to do it that way, I shouldnt try to lose anymore weight in between because I will get too skinny, and look sick afterwards. I guess they are both right. But I just dont see it. I must be blind!! Maybe after the TT, I will see my body in a new light, and not want to lose anymore weight. We'll see. Anyhoo, Not sure if am making sense to ya'll, lol. But I tried!! hehehe My mind is a lil twisty at times. OK, 40 days left til my TT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so ready!!! hehehe Thanks again all, for listening to me ramble on and on. LOL!!!