Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-04-2006, 01:46 PM   #1  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

Default Protein Drinks / Meal Replacements

Hi gang!

I need to know from ya'll (the resident experts!) which meal replacement / protein drinks you used and which were better than others. My surgery is in a week and I'm supposed to start liquids tomorrow. Of course, the FIT365 that I ordered over a month ago has not arrived. Please respond!

Thanks!
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 277/221/150

I have another week to go on liquids and I am drinking Slim Fast right now and I like them the best out of everything I have tried so far. The cappuccino delight is my favorite. In my support group meeting alot of people said that Isopure was very good if you dont like shakes its suppose to be similar to gatarode, but your definetly going to want a variety. How long are you doing liquids?
Lauderdalechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:33 PM   #3  

I definitely like Unjury the best. The unflavored is very versatile and I'm very, very picky about taste. I also use Vanilla for lots of things. Just go to their website to order. They have sample packets priced fairly cheap so that you can try different flavors. Two years later and I still have a shake or smoothie sometimes.

Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #4  
Angela

Thank you for responding!!

I am supposed to be on liquids starting tomorrow (one week before my surgery) but then the nutritionist said if it gets too tough to just make healthy choices.... strange but okay..

Then I'm on clear liquids for a week post op, all liquids the second week and mushies the third. This seems to be longer than what I've seen others on but I know the emphasis has been to follow my dr's recommendations.

I'm looking forward to the band, so I'm not too worried about no food. Just be ready for the post with me crying because i want fried chicken! : )
Old 05-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #5  

In the words of Nancy Reagan - when you see that fried chicken, just say no!
It's one of the foods that always gives me trouble, no matter what.

And, if I remember correctly, my doctor had me on the same food schedule after surgery. It really wasn't so bad. I wasn't hungry at all during the liquid phases and I was quite happy to experiment with mushies, except that everything you puree ends up looking like Alpo! You'll do great!

Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 277/221/150

Im glad im not alone craving fried chicken! I was wonderering what kind of mushies did you all have after your liquid phase I start mushies on tuesday. the nurse wasnt very specific. If you all could help me out i'd appreciate it. Good Luck Princess! your going to do great! keep us posted!
Lauderdalechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

good luck!!!!

and i'm a big nectar fan. the peach melba is great...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:25 AM   #8  
Angela

Thanks everyone!

I had received FIT365 Natural Vanilla (samples basically) and just drank the first one. If I hold my nose and try not to think about it, it wasn't too bad. I only gagged twice... <sigh> Having said that, it will be interesting to see how long this 21g of protein lasts. They shipped the chocolate yesterday - I'll make sure to let you know how that goes over, or uhm down. I'm off to find something else today. Thanks for the tips.!
Old 05-06-2006, 12:24 PM   #9  
Angela

OK...

I received my shipment of FIT365 'organic chocolate' yesterday. I just whipped some up in that magic bullet they keep advertising on t.v. ... YUMMY!!! I mixed it with low fat milk and some ice cubes... I'm good to go now!! I'm fighting my girlfriend from drinking it all! MUCH better compared to my experience of drinking the vanilla with water... YUCK!! Just wanted to give ya'll an update! My surgery is in 6 days ...yippeeeeee

Angela
275/266/150?
Old 05-07-2006, 08:11 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Angela do you have a trader joe's by you ? if so you can get cans of world wide protein drinks, 21 gms and only 100 calories. The vanilla is the best (chocolate taste like chalk) I buy them all the time and drink them on my way to work... cold they are great, thick and yummy.

I agree some drinks are just aweful, give me goose bumps just thinking about it.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #11  
Angela

I'll have to check out trader joes. never heard of it, so i'll have to look it up and see if we have one around here. i'm satisfied at the moment with the fit365 - adding berries and stuff just makes it so yummy. and i'm so full - for hours!