Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

View Poll Results: Is life after surgery about what you expected it would be?
It's even better than I thought possible! 93 31.96%
Surgery was the biggest mistake of my life 18 6.19%
Pretty much what I expected - no suprises here! 27 9.28%
Managing eating and exercise is still a challenge, but I'm learning 123 42.27%
I feel normal, but that doesn't mean that weight control is easy 73 25.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 291. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #46  

Hi I'm new here. I had WLS in 2003, lost about 100lbs, but after time starting gaining some back. Now, trying to loose about 23lbs I've gained. Trying the Wonderslim diet program, hard for me to stick to a diet, that's why I ended up having surgery. One regret I have is not listening to the Dr. regarding the food choices, I ate whatever I wanted and for years didn't gain, but it's catching up to me now.
hatetodiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:44 PM   #47  

Default after surgery

I'm new and just had the sleeve done, and I am very happy so far. between my 2 week pre op diet and now. I have lost 31 pounds. I drink Premier Protein shakes twice a day with a creamy soup for lunch, and drinkable yogurt for snacks. I am not tire, or hungry, and best of all no cravings. I do admit when my hubby fixes dinner for him and my daughter it smells good, but I don't hunger for it. I have no had any bad side effect, Thank God! Next week I start on soft foods, and wonder, is it when you start back to eating regular food when you start having problems? Or did some of you have it right away?
ambytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:35 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

I voted "Managing eating and exercise is still a challenge, but I'm learning" -- but I also am SO GLAD I DID IT, and would do it again a thousand times over! It's not "better than I ever thought possible", because, damn, I still have to make good choices. But it is still REALLY great.
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #49  

Thank you for posting this. Never thought about the surgery as a serious thing and I doubt that I would ever do it. But thanks to you, at least, I would read a bit about it.
Cristyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:41 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 334/256/225

Height: 5'5"

After fighting my weight for 45 years, having weighed over 200 lbs. in high school, I finally had the sleeve done in Mexico on 3/11/16. I'm so happy I had it done. It's not been easy and has been a learning process, but I believe this is going to make the rest of my life much easier and healthier. The surgery has been the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Surgery date: 3/11/16
Surgery weight: 334 lbs.
Current weight: 256 lbs.
Goal weight: 210 lbs.

Last edited by charliefan; 07-26-2016 at 10:43 PM.
charliefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #51  
I know I can,I know I can

S/C/G: 293/161/145

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haziefrog View Post
I feel normal, but that doesn't mean that weight control is easy

Boy does that sum it up, it is a daily battle. It is all about making the correct choices, and sometimes I am not so good at doing that .
wtg on the loss...hope you are still maintaining it
Oh_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:45 AM   #52  
Margaret Rodriguez

After surgery, I saw so many people got more complications, which I think is regrettable.
MargaretRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:23 PM   #53  

uhm
zlinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:35 AM   #54  

To increase weight, it is easy and to decrease weight, it is the most toughest job on earth.
smithjocob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #55  
Angie

Default Post Opp- 10 years RNY

SO I guess I am about 10 years out now, and overall, certainly the best decision ever! Do I love my flabby skin and rolls left over? Nope, its not cool at all. Would I rather have flabs and rolls than be 300lbs again, absolutely! I can hide flab for the most part.

One thing I struggle with is mentally watching my eating. After about 4 years or so I had to start watching my diet more so I didn't gain the weight back since I was eating more. I can now eat almost a normal size portion (by normal I don't mean USA standards), but I also find myself grazing throughout the day at my desk and drinking while I eat so I just keep grazing. So I do switch over to kewto/low carb usually 2 times a year for a month or 2 to keep my weight in check. I started at 300 and lowest was at 168, but my goal weight is probably around 175. I seem to keep gaining up to 210 and then I diet again and then loose down to 180ish. so I battle with the same 30lbs.
angelfadedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #56  

The after-effects of the surgery are always the toughest. The important part is to follow a diet. But what diet to follow? I am currently on a ketogenic diet. I feel more healthier now.Good luck with the way forward.
alwies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:27 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 78

Height: 157

Thumbs up After surgery ..

Hello,

I would say that it is a decision that I do not regret at all. On the contrary, but food and sport remain daily challenges.

Nabel
DiDi055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:31 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 78

Height: 157

Default After surgery...

And you, do you have regret ?
DiDi055 is offline   Reply With Quote