Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 08-17-2005, 01:37 AM   #1  

Question Help, please

Hello All. Well, I have crossed over! Had my surgery 6 days ago and the doc said all went well and my barium test was good. But I am still very nauseaus. Can't drink my protein shakes, and am getting only about half the recommended water in. Tried to walk, but am weak to go more than a block. Is this normal? Called my Dr's office and they said it can be. The nurse was going to check re nausea meds. I am wondering, though, should I just tough this out? An interesting fact, I was 15 pounds heavier after the surgery due to water retention ( a huge problem for me with lympedema)! Fortunately, I am back down and ready to get on the losing side of things. Thanks for all your support! Deevs
Deevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:50 AM   #2  

Hi Deevs,

Congrats to you! Sorry to hear about the nausea, I was too for days after. Hopefully it will ease up soon! Just take it slow. I had a very hard time walking too at first ( I also have lymphadema), just a trip to the bathroom would leave me exhausted. This too got better slowly. Just don't give up!
mistyseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 02:44 AM   #3  

Thanks, Ladies. Very reassuring to hear from you. I am much less quesy today-yeah!! In fact, I think I overdid things today and am going to take it easier tomorrow. I am eating pureed tuna and cottage cheese, sugarless applesauce, and about half of the recommended amount of protein shake. Any other suggestions. I am 10 days out. Getting bored. Would some cream of wheat be ok or would it expand. I am down the water weight plus 9 pounds. Yeah. Thank you God. Hope you guys are well and feeling successful. Pookie, we are about in the same place. I just want to get into those 100 numbers. Meanwhile I am so grateful. Deevs
Deevs is offline   Reply With Quote