Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-28-2004, 10:46 PM   #1  
Hang In There

Default What are your goals for 2005?

I just wanted to wish all of you a heathy New Year. Now is the time that we all reflect on the past year and think about the year ahead. I'd like to hear from all my WLS friends what the feel like were their victories this past year, what their fustrations were, and what their goals for 2005 will be.

I miss all the "old" posters, DebKay, Peachie, Hazel, and many others. The several of you who had your surgery this year, Pookie. Monica, BES and others, what are your feelings this holiday season? Those of you who are lurking and "thinking" about having surgery, what are your thought?

Chickadee, I haven't hear from you in a while, P38, are you still hanging arournd? How are you doing? And Jiff, our fearless leader, how's the new job? Any less stress? What ever became of the French Chef?

This has been a hard year for us financially, our has gone through a lot of "growing pains, and we have been struggling, but this too will pass, It's a new year, and we are very optismistic that the ecconomy is going to turn around and the price of a barrell of oil will go down, and people will have some extra money to spend. Ole Alvin continues to do exactaly as he pleases, and pay no attention to any of the things he learned when he first had his surgery. He still has foods he can not eat, but all in all he is doing okay. What is keeping him from becoming one of the REGAINERS is the fact that he has become so physically active since he has lost his weight. He plays golf again, and he works out at the health club 5 or 6 days a week. Me I'm still struggling with my wieght, and still playing with the idea of surgery, but just can't commit. I'm still looking of that magic pill that I can take and wake up the next morning skinny!!!

Okay I've rambled on for long enough, what about the rest of you?

Last edited by ageoldie; 12-28-2004 at 10:50 PM.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 03:37 PM   #2  

My personal goal is to get rid of the last 30 pounds that is keeping me from my personal weight goal. I am meeting with a PS next month to consider my options. I have so much extra skin and flab and wondering if joining WW will help get rid of it or only surgery can fix it. I feel great having lost 132 pounds in a year and a half but I want to be thinner. I know I need to do my part by following the rules and getting in my exercise daily.
hmodrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:16 PM   #3  
WLS Nov 4, 2003

My goal is to get down to 140. I was at 314 on November 4th, 2003 the day of my WLS. I am now down to 182 on Jan 3rd, 2005. Just 14 months after surgury. I feel great. I have to visit my doctor again in May for my 18th month check up and WILL be at my goal. It is hard to get that gotta lose weight feeling like when I was at my highest.
Yes, exercise is going to be #1 on the list for the year and I think that will help with loss and toning alot, although I am sure I will need some skin removal.
Best of luck to all of you
Sharon
sharoncunningham72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:10 AM   #4  

My goals for 2005 include:

Continuing in school and doing what it takes to be successful there.

Continuing to navigate the minefield at work with a difficult coworker, to do the best I can there and not let her get to me.

To continue exercising, both cardio and strength training, on a regular, consistent basis.

To continue to refine eating choices, to be mindful of what I am doing in that area.

No regain.

Dawna
Dawnajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:28 AM   #5  

Hi Everyone!

Since I actually accomplished last year's resolution, which was to persevere and actually have lap-band surgery, I figured I could make a resolution again and do it!

My resolution for this year is to finish what I've started. I want to get to my goal weight and then enter the wonderful world of maintenance. So simple, and yet so complicated!

Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote