Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-11-2004, 02:06 PM   #1  

Default I'M FREE (finally)

I haven't been around for a long time and haven't even been lurking. But, I felt the need to share a little.

I have lost 100 pounds since June 24th and am feeling better every day. I HAVE plateued at 100#'s for the last three weeks. My biggest problems are none of my clothes fit any more plus I still can't fine a job. Its been 5 months now and our negative cash flow is starting to hurt. There are no better paying jobs available and people won't consider me for the $10 per hour jobs due to my management backgrounds. Oh well... at least I'm not eating much.

But the big news is today is day four of absolutely NO PAIN MEDS! I dopped the Avinza on Monday and other than a few chills and a little anxiety, I am doing fine. I joined an athletic club and am working out two to three days a week trying to regain leg strength. After being on 180mg of Oxycontin (equal to 60-72 vicodin) a day for years, I am REALLY HAPPY.

I hope everyone is doing well and hope for the best in your futures.

PS.... Don't be afraid to keep fighting. I've gone from wheel chair, to walking, to gym, to SCUBA lessons next month in less than three years since my last lumbar fusion. (six back surgeries total) It can happen if you don't give up.

'P'
P-38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 05:38 PM   #2  

Way to go P!!!
mistyseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:48 PM   #3  

What an inspiration you are, P!!! I'm so glad that you are feeling well and off the pain meds!! That is quite an accomplishment in itself. How awesome that you have lost 100 pounds. I bet you feel like a brand new person! You go!!!!!!!
My4Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:52 PM   #4  

Wow you have lost 100 lbs since june of this year.. wow.. thats great.. what plan are you on?
tracyj1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:35 PM   #5  

GREAT JOB P! It must be a blessing to just be able to move without pain. Scuba diving sounds awesome.

Deb
Young Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:03 AM   #6  

High Deb,

Looking forward to the scuba diving. We get certified next month. It has been described to me as "the great equalizer" due to the totally neutral bouyancy. No preassure on the spine even with the tank and equipment. Hope so. I'll let you know in about a month.

'P'
P-38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 09:09 AM   #7  
Hang In There

Great Job P, Congrats on being drug free!!!

My DH, Ole Alvin, also shares a similar story, before WLS he was barely able to make it from the den to the car. Now he is able to enjoy his beloved game of golf for the first time in over 10 years. He "swears" by the health club and his workouts.

Also like you he had a terrible time finding a job when he was laid off several years ago. Like you he was in management (Vice President of Operations) and no one wanted to hire him for a lesser job for fear that he would get bored and leave, and when he did get a good interview, he felt he was discriminated against because of his size. (yes we know that is illegal, but it's also reality) Anyway keep up the good spirit and positive attitude, and we will keep you in our prayers.

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote