Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 09:06 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default CHAT - Tuesday, February 17th

BOO
Old 02-17-2004, 10:45 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

leenie leenie bo beenie.. how are you? i've just gotten to work and still trying to figure out which end is up. busy weekend, but very nice. good trip to see the other sister.. wonderful massage last night, but the exchange for all that is a visit to the trainer tonight!!! he's cute. nice. careful.

more later, i hope...
Old 02-17-2004, 11:20 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

just to prove I still lurk in here!
Old 02-17-2004, 12:24 PM   #4  
Hang In There

Just got to work from the health club. 1 hour with the trainer and a 1 hour waterwalking class, pretty well done me in, ready to get to work and rest

Debkay this might be of interest to you. I was talking to a girl at the club yesterday who is an intensive care nurse at "our" hospital and she was talking about how Alvins WLS surgeon has since gotten a very bad repretition (since Alvin had his surgery done) She said that when something goes wrong and the surgery isn't "Prefect" and the patients end up with complications, he dumps them on the other medical services, either ICU, or whatever. She told stories fo patients begging to see him, and he wouldn't even come up there at all. Sound familiar? So, I guess when I get ready for my lapband, I'll be looking for another doc. I have to say he (the doc) did come to see Alvin but he was one of the first surgeries he did. I guess his FAME has gotten to him. Alvin still sees him at the club fairly often and they speak, but not really talk. Hummmmmm
Old 02-17-2004, 01:23 PM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Hi all!

Barb, very interesting. I know that my surgeon has patients that lurk here so I must say......what you see me say/type is MY experience with this guy......your mileage may vary. My husband has said all along, surgeons like to do surgery and nothing more. May be true, but if you have a patient who is having problems from said surgery......to turn tail and run, well that is not a good practice at all.

Hazel had some problems with her surgery also.......her doctor jumped on her problems right away and kept in contact with her husband. Much different than the arse who did my surgery. Hazel is still a big fan of her surgeon (so am I for that matter) and would send anyone to him. I on the other hand would not send anyone I know to the guy who did my surgery.

I think a doctor shows his true colors when a problem arises, those who turn tail and run to let the ICU doctors handle it are little more than, well I can't print the word I want to use. Stepping down from the soapbox now.

Barb I hope you find a wonderful doctor when you are ready for your surgery. Wish you were in this area, Hazel's doc is one of the best in the business!!

Ruth, Leenie and Jiff
Old 02-17-2004, 04:49 PM   #6  

Hi Ladies,
Nothing much new here at all. Nope, no calls from the insurance company or doctor, nuttin'! They never call, they never write ... sniff, sniff, sob.

We had a lovely weekend up in the mountains. One of my husband's contractors treated us to an all expense paid weekend skiing, condoing (is that a word?), eating, drinking and eating some more. It was very nice, except I couldn't ski. As God is my witness, next year I will be on the slopes with my family! My poor old knees just can't take it right now (and there's no way in Hades that I'd tell a ski technician my real weight so he could set the bindings correctly). So, hopefully next year I'll be shooshing down the slopes, a mere shadow of my current self. Doesn't that sound fun?

You ladies with trainers are making me a little jealous. Especially you Jiff. Yours sounds downright hot! Is he named Raoul? Hmmm...

Deb, it's nice to see you. I am ready! Are you ready for some baseball? I was reading a special section in the paper this morning and I'm chomping at the bit. Why I don't know, because my fellas will probably still suck, but they're my team, so only I get to say they suck! So, will life go on without Javy? Can you do it? Yes you can!

That's it for now,
Later
Chickadee
Old 02-17-2004, 06:30 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

you're so cute, chickadeedeedear.... nope.. although he wouldn't mind being called raul, his name is john. and frankly, my dears, i don't think he's interested in women. but he flirts well... and he knows what he's doing. and that's what matters!!!!

love you all.. even though the insurance companies don't!!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 06:53 PM   #8  
she who must be obeyed

life without Javy will be terrible but.....I......must......go......on.

Chickadee.......dang insurance company. Did you call them, or are you trying to be a nice girl and not bother them? My insurance company told me that they could give me no informtation, could only give it to my surgeons office. Is that stupid or what?

Yes, I believe next year at this time you will be hitting the slopes.

Jiff use the trainer for practice to get your flirting skills to their peak.

and......where is miss peachie???

Giggles all :;
Old 02-17-2004, 07:25 PM   #9  

Did someone say "baseball" ?????

I think I might really love baseball this year.

Who knew?

peach
Old 02-17-2004, 08:06 PM   #10  

HI all!
Much better day today! I have to tell you that yesterday's furneral was a blast! I never laughed so much. (after I got in my car) Some old lady kept touching me, tapping my leg and my back. Then right in the middle of the service she asked me if the lady's husband, is he living? What lady, oh the dead lady! No sorry to disappoint you but, he past away several years ago! This old lady, didn't know the deceased to well, yet she had been to three different furneral homes to find her! (chuckling on the side)
I hate to be disrespectful, but I got in my car, and looked at my mom and just laughed. We had 3 preachers talk at the service and each one spoke how the deceased loved to laugh and joke. All three preachers told jokes during the services!
what a way to go! Send them all out laughing!
Old 02-18-2004, 06:10 PM   #11  
VOW
Vegan for Health!

Ditz:

Find a copy of the old "Mary Tyler Moore" show where Mary can't keep from cracking up at Chuckles the Clown's funeral service.

Chuckles passed from this earthly plane of existance when he, dressed up like a peanut, was crushed to death by a circus elephant...

~VOW
Old 02-18-2004, 06:54 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOW
Ditz:

Find a copy of the old "Mary Tyler Moore" show where Mary can't keep from cracking up at Chuckles the Clown's funeral service.

Chuckles passed from this earthly plane of existance when he, dressed up like a peanut, was crushed to death by a circus elephant...

~VOW

Vow????? Are you one of my long lost sisters? I split my sides watching that Chuckles the Clown episode. Reminds of a funny story at my Dad's funeral. My niece and I are standing near his coffin. He is layed out all nice and neat and Mom's Baptist Minister (Dad was Catholic) comes up behind my niece just as she was poking her papa's forehead to check out his make up. I spin her around and introduce her, "Pastor! This is my niece 'good old what's her name' .....she's gonna be a doctor!" he says..."I can see that!"

Ditzy...I carry this card from my Dad's funeral everywhere I go....it was so "him".

Grieve Not
Nor speak of me
with tears...
But Laugh
And Talk of me
As though I were
Beside You.
I loved you so....
'Twas Heaven
Here with you.

peach
Old 02-18-2004, 07:00 PM   #13  

Oh peahie that made me cry, I miss my dad so much, as I am sure you miss yours. My mom is still living on her own, but I think that is time limited as she is getting so forgetful. You and
Old 02-18-2004, 07:20 PM   #14  

Yep, I miss him terribly, Buffy. Everyday with mom, even though we tease her and poke and prod her is a gift as I am sure your mom is to you.

hugs,
peach
Old 02-18-2004, 07:40 PM   #15  

Peach -- What a perfect verus! Your post make me think of my dad as well ! Past away 5 years ago. LOL, you give your mom a hard time too? So do I, and she loves it, says if I didn't aggervate her she would think I didn't love her.

I will have to pass that poem on to the my friend!
Closed Thread