Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-07-2015, 02:51 PM   #1  
LapBand & TummyTuck PO

S/C/G: 250/180/150

Height: 5'1

Default Post Lap Band (2011) / Tummy Tuck (2015)

Hey all!

I had Lap Band surgery in 2011 at 24 years old, 5'1 and 250 ish lbs. I am now 180 and 2 months post op from a tummy tuck.

This experience changed my LIFE, my entire existence. I have kept track of my entire journey:

Initial information meeting at a support group
Filling out the application packet
Insurance battle / back and forth
Pre-Op appointments
Day of surgery
Post Op follow up
Port move surgery (I tore it away from my abdominal wall)
Tummy tuck surgery
Post op tummy tuck recovery

So the question I have is, how do I share my ENTIRE story when there is so much that has happened? It would be pages and pages long. I posted a topic earlier about how I am afraid to post my blog (where I have it all) in fear of being banned, and this place seems like such a good support group!

I guess if you have any questions about the surgery, the process, what you look like before and after (holy cow big difference) let me know! This forum is amazing and I can't wait to be a big part of it!
NerfHerdess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:45 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Congratulations on your success.. I also have the band since 2005, but the brain refuses to cooperate so I am stuck... for lack of a better word LOL

So thrilled that you are post tummy tuck, that is awesome. I hear how painful they are and that's scary in itself but I would do it too if it came to that point. My apron is just awful.

So glad you're here and welcome.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote