Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 01:36 AM   #1  
Slowly going crazy!

Default A quick update

Haven't been posting (just basically lurking).

Just thought I would update a bit on my weightloss journey.

I had a fill in my band on 2/28. When I was weighed I knew I was back up to 241. Sure 'nuff the doc scale confirmed it.

My band wasn't tight yet (it's not supposed to be tight until you have a fill - saline fluid injected in the band to cause the membrane to fill and tighten the band around your pouch).

ANYWAYS...to make a long story short. I'm finally on the losing end again. Down to 229.5. YEAH! ! ! that's a big weightloss in a week...but I know a bit of it is water weight as well.

My eating is so minimal. I get full on 4 or 5 bites of food. I throw away so much because I can't get it into my head that I can only eat small amounts anymore. *sigh*.

I've learned that I can't have fluids with my meals. Before my fill I was able to do that, but now it just causes me pain to no end. I usually wait until I've been done with my meal for an hour or so.

Anyways, that's my big ole update. I post to my journal here on the site nearly everyday now.

Hope all of you are doing well, and are on the journey to becoming a beautiful LOSER! ! !
Old 03-08-2003, 08:07 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

HI Amy, good to hear from ya!!

Is a bandster normally able to eat and drink at the same time? With rny, that's a no no.

Something I have done that seems to help me with the amount of food I can eat, it's so simple.......I use a small plate. It does sound like the old WW diet crap........use a small plate (said in a sarcastic voice ) I was terrible about putting to much food on my plate and wasting it.

This is said in my best Mom's voice....."stop lurking and post young lady!"

Debbie
Old 03-08-2003, 03:13 PM   #3  
Slowly going crazy!

Quote:
Is a bandster normally able to eat and drink at the same time? With rny, that's a no no.
Ummm...noooo which is why it was a hard lesson to learn, because before that I would have a sip or two during my meals (before I had my band filled).

I've had to use the kids forks and spoons (the little ones) just to 'train' myself on bite control....I did get in two small pieces of bacon and 3 small bites of a pancake this morning. The pancake nearly killed me tho. I have a low tolerance for bread stuff. It doesn't go down nice and smooth. Which is good, because bread isn't as healthy as protien is. *LOL*

I know I should post more. I just feel out of my league with all you super WLS losers *LOL*...my weighloss is so much slower than the rest of you all, and I get a little sad about it, but I know I'm losing...I just have to remember that we all get to our goal by then end of 18 months or so.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:29 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

amy honey. it's about time you showed up!!! and it's good to hear that you're getting the routine down. and after a year, most carbs just don't sit right,. i'm managing a few crackers, and that's just fine with me.

yes, the weight loss is slower with the band than with the rny, but is that such a bad thing? the point is: YOU'RE LOSING!!!! steadily, as long as you follow your rules..

and let me add my manager's voice to deb's mom voice: GET BACK IN HERE AND POST!!!!
Closed Thread