Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/245/150

Height: 5'5"

Smile Hello lapbanders what do you eat when you want pizza ?

Hi everyone . I've had super stressful 2 weeks . Now all I can think of is pizza. What do you all eat when you want pizza?
Everything else with my band and plan have been going great .
My energy level has been so high my 16 yr old can't keep up .
I go for my second fill tomorrow. I hope I forget about pizza by then .
Have a great week.
Inner Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/219/185

Height: 5'8"

i will sometimes have what would constitute the toppings of a pizza... ground turkey sausage in a lower sugar marinara sauce (classico's spicy pepper is good) with mushrooms and onions works for me (about 1/4-1/2 c). some individuals can eat a little bread, so you could bake it on small whole grain tortilla with a little low-fat motz. the sauce helps with the meat and veggies for me. hope this gives you an idea or two! good luck with your fill!!
lovingme4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #3  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Not a lapbander, but I love to get turkey pepperoni, nuke about 15 slices in the microwave for a minute or two on a paper towel, let sit for a couple minutes to crisp up, and you've got crispy pepperoni chips
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #4  

Thanks I will give those a try . My fill went well . Have a great day .
Old 09-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Inner, what stage of eating are you at? if you are at eating solids and you can tollerate bread then you could maybe make it yourself using a small pita bread or an english muffin. Remember to eat slow, as dough/bread gets gluey and can sneak up on you fast.

You can also ditch the bread and have some string cheese dipped in sauce and some turkey pepperoni.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #6  

Thanks Leenie that sounds good . I haven't tried any bread . I figured why take a chance . Do you have trouble with carrots? They come back up on me . Have a great day.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

InnerB, I have trouble with raw veggies if I don't chew the life out of them but carrots seem to go down ok. Remember everyone is different. My friend was dumbfounded when I told her I could eat bread and here she is out 5+ years and has to stay away. You really have to try to know if its going to work for you lol.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Not a lapper, but a RNYer. I make a whole wheat tortilla pizza with turkey pepperoni, all the veggies I can squeeze on and toast it in the oven. I use lowfat mozzarella cheese and just a little bit of sauce. I sometimes make different variation: Philly and beef, chicken, artichokes and black olives, Mexican pizza with things that go into a taco, etc. My favorite is a Greek pizza.....dang it now I'm craving one. I eat half and GK eats the other. Occasionally, I do have a slice of thin crust pizza, but it is a treat not done on a regular basis. I don't know where you are at in your lap-life cycle, but do what the doc wants you to do! :-)
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Couple ideas
Cottage cheese with italian seasoning parm cheese a little sauce and turkey pepperoni

I think forever ago I posted mini pizza meat loaves
If you ever look on our south beach thread there's a deep dish spaghetti squash pie that's really good
the crust is spaghetti squash

You could also make flax "Bread" and put pizza toppings on that About.com has a flax crust recipe there's also I believe a crust recipe using cauliflower but I've never done it

even crisping the turkey pepperoni and dipping it in some sauce (chip style) might kick your craving
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #10  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Check out Eggface's website-TONS of recipes-here's one of the pizza-ish ones.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.bl...zza-bites.html
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #11  

Thank you everyone . Things are going good for now. Next dr appt. This week. most of my cravings are going away. have a blessed day.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 266

Height: 5'2"

A local restaurant here makes a portabella pizza, a mushroom cap with your choice of toppings baked in a little iron skillet. Very good and would be easy to do at home.
paulaRN is offline   Reply With Quote