Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-19-2010, 12:45 AM   #1  
Excited about my new life

S/C/G: 348/256/190

Height: 5'8"

Default How many goal weights can a girl have?

I should be so excited, I reached my goal weight, I think...I am pleased with my appearance, my labs are great, my health has improved and I am doing well...but now I am torn between being able to stay at my current weight or going to what I classify as my cushion weight (10 lbs less to allow for fluctuation). Then I think people look at me concerned, saying, how much more will you lose, "don't lose more", where does it end? Is there one? 16 months post op and counting...
worthylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I have several "goal weights," each serving a different purpose or marking a different milestone. I'm not sure if I will ever reach my ideal or ultimate goal weight, but I don't have to look that far down the road - just to the next milestone. At each one, I can evaluate whether I'm ready or willing to move to the next.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:21 AM   #3  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

I would say, consider yourself finished! Celebrate! Buys new shoes! If your body needs to lose 10 lbs by eating right and reasonable exercise then great BUT don't do the, "I think I would look better if...." and end up too thin.

I think we have always tried to "get somewhere" with our weight...be it up or down...it's an adjustment to stay the same. Almost boring. Love who you are, you have done a fabulous job, the goal now is to keep it in that 10 lbs and NOT to beat yourself up for being any given number.

Great job with the weight loss honey...your numbers are fabulous!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 04-19-2010 at 01:23 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

worthylady - you're turning into one of my heroes!!! my suggestion: see how you do at maintaining your current weight. figure out what it takes to stay where you are over the next, say, 6 months or so [maybe longer!]. and then see what you think - how you feel, if you're living in a way that you can sustain, if you're comfortable, whatever.

and THEN make this decision. it's about figuring out how to live the rest of your life. it doesn't really matter if you lose another 10 pounds if you can't maintain that loss and are constantly struggling with it.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:02 AM   #5  

Thanks everyone for your support, its feels like I am going in reverse order because, I am working to maintain and not lose. I am so used to focusing on losing, my mind is shifting. Honestly I am afraid to pick up those pesky eating habits I have improved. I am nervouse I won't be able to sustain my weight here and become too thin, my breast...pancakes sorry TMI.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #6  
Old Cackler

have you checked out the maintainers forum farther down the forum list? there's a lot of really good information there. their mantra: maintaining looks a lot like losing, and they have a lot of tips.

another resource to check out is the weight control registry at U pittsburgh [i think]. [it's online - when i get a chance later, i'll see if i can find the link]
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Worthlady: You have done so good! My doc's goal was 180 for me. I wanted to go 170 and anything below that was gravy!!!! UMMMM Gravy!!! I digress! LOL! Maintenance has been the hardest thing for me because I'm so addicted to food. I have a five pound bobbing thing going on. Five up, five down! I didn't think that I could get my weight down low enough for me......well, if I'm down in the 150's I don't feel well. I think it is probably because I'm not drinking enough, eating enough, and not taking care of myself. Like JP said just try maintaining for a while.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #8  

Ok well I see how it goes, I am working on maintaining and getting my protein. I will check out the maintainers forum. I am sure it will be helpful. NanJ, if we think of gravy can it be nice cream gravy over chicken fried steak, ok ooops, weight loss, weight loss, weight loss.