Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default Thanksgiving gratitude

now, be warned, we could get really soppy here, but i don't mean to.

I personally have a lot to be grateful after this extraordinarily tumultuous and difficult year. but some of the HUGE ones are:

friends
and this surgery. see - now that the dust is settling, i'm finally sleeping regularly, and life is at least a little more predictable and calmer, my eating is calming down, too. not so compulsive, more 'regulated,' if that makes any sense. i'm happy with A LITTLE. two cookies. no cake. 1 cup of good food. some homemade asparagus soup [oh stop laughing - it's really easy - cook the asparagus ends in chicken stock, puree with that stick mixer, add a little seasoning - even 1 tbs of cream per serving, if you want - and you're done!]

and because of all this - i'm truly losing weight!!!!! even I can notice it [and i don't usually]. this surgery is helping me - still - even after all these years. changes in eating and exercise result in weight loss. and that didn't happen before.

i'm so grateful for this - and for friends [and i'll say that a million times over the next few days!!!!]

jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

You go girl !!

I'm Thankful for my Lord Jesus
My Family, health, job, friends and my new doggies

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #3  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

I am thankful for YOU all!

...surgery and therefore health and boundless engery, family and friends, my art and music as a great emotional outlet, the realization I am still capable of trusting and loving a man...with all my abuse history, I thought that part of me was irrevocably broken... even if this particular person isn't capable of returning it, now I know I can move on and love again, it's still possible.

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Well....where do I start:

1. I'm ALIVE!!!!
2. I miss my mother, but will have a great Thanksgiving with my family and friends.
3. I'm grateful for a kind and loving, generous God
4. My DH who is again doing my dishes, as I type this LOL!
5. Gave my notice on Monday with this new agency and got a stable established job today.
6. I'm so grateful for my WLS, did I mention I'm ALIVE!
7. I'm grateful for this site, so that I can get advice, whine, find great idea
(asparagus soup, yummo), and comraderie with people in the same boat.
8. !!!!EVILA m'I for my dyslexic friends!!!! LOL!!

Have a good Thanksgiving, step away from the bird and stuffing, take the shovel and fork out of your hand, put the gravy down because not considered a beverage and isn't pumpkin pie a vegetable pie really. Don't sound near as appetizing does it. And......don't let anyone catch you squirting the lite whipped cream straight from the dispenser into your mouth!!!!!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/245/217

Height: 5'1"

I am grateful for family, friends, for all of you!! I am also grateful for my future as I now will have a chance at a longer one.

Bless all of you
chunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #6  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

LOL Nancy! It would have had to have been by gun point in the past! "Maam, step away from the pie..." hehehehe Now, I am going to have see-food plate for Thanksgiving...as long as I can see the plate for the little bits of food...

I don't want to regret a day of Thanksgiving...may we all enjoy the people in our lives and the memory of those that are no longer here, more then the taste of anything set in the buffet!!!
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:18 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Happy ThanksGiving

Last edited by Leenie; 11-27-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
I'm thankful for my life, for being able to go up and down the stairs multiple times if need me.
God who protects us and loves us even when the feces hits the fan God's there
My husband Who shows me the meaning of Friendship Loyalty and Love Every Day. We're Best Friends
My Mom and sister and Joe who are just as wacky as me and then some
My In-laws Who are awesome in all ways (I'm super-blessed)
My friends old, new, cyber
The Kittas; my fuzzy sons who make me feel like a rock star when I come home
When times get scary reminding yourself of what you have. . .what really matters gets you through the day.
Love,
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #9  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

I am thankful for being alive, for knowing that Jesus is the Lord of my life (& death), for a job that allows me to be able to help those who do not have, for my children & extended family & friends, for living in a country where we are free to choose our leader, regardless of race or sex. Most of all I am thankful for God giving me my wonderful husband of 15 years (Thanksgiving Day is our 15th anniversary). God is Good!
Loodie is offline   Reply With Quote