Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/261/200

Height: 5'9" 1/2"

Default I finally got it

I got the call I have been waiting for. I have been approved for my WLS and I am scheduled on the 17th of December. I am so excited.
philandja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Hello

Good for you! And good luck on your weight loss prior to the surgery.. I know you usually need to lose 10-20 lbs before surgery.. let us know if you need any help! I'm sure with the great news it will be a little easier to kick the weight!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #3  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

!!!!!!!!Woohoo!!!!!!!

I am so excited for you!!!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 11-06-2008 at 10:23 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Hey Other Twin?!?!? LOL!

I'm so excited for you. Haven't heard from Whitelion in a while. Hope all is well. Now back to you. YYYYYYYIIIIIIPPPPPPPEEEEEE! December 17th will be here before you know it. I'm closely monitoring our Thanksgiving celerbration this Saturday and making sure that there are lots of stuff the diabetics and low carbers can eat. Tell Mom J I said HI!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

congratulations!!!!! and with any luck, you might be on mushy foods by christmas! depends on your surgeon - but who knows???

wonderful news!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/245/217

Height: 5'1"

Smile Congratulations

Congratulations!!I just got my approval today and am totally psyched. I am totally unsure of what to do or purchase in preparation for pre-surgery diet. I have a small pamphlet giving me a list of protien powders and vitamins, but it is a small list- have you tried anything yet?
chunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #7  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Ok, get a sampler from unjury or vitalady! It was about $30 and you get to find the ones that you really like. there are a ton of recipes out there to add flavors to the protein shakes, too. Don't limit yourself, you won't be hungry at first and experimenting before surgery is one way to know what you'll like. Don't be surprised, taste buds change after surgery.

Unjury has the best chicken soup protein shake (I loved the salty stuff! but don't heat the water past warm, it curddles the protein) and the chocolate truffle is fabulous!

Good luck!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 11-11-2008 at 12:54 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote