Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-28-2008, 11:32 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Potential Skin Infection

So I think I have an infection in my Belly button (which till now is my only PS) its raw sore and slimy. so yeah calling the primary tomorrow
a

Last edited by KO; 10-28-2008 at 11:45 PM.
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Glad to hear you are going to have it looked at...it is a link to the intestines and I hear it can be a infection problem...did you have the PS already? If you did, I am SOOOOO jealous! LOL I so want that done!

Let us know what happens, love!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Oh Darn!

Could be fungal or bacteria. I have a little suggestion, because I have had to deal with this for years. When you are done with your shower or bath, blow dry your belly button. (Also blow dry up my nose if cold season around, because cold germs can't take the heat! LOL!) Belly button is a great place for dark, moist, no air type of stuff to grow. If mine starts getting moist, I wash it real good, rinse well, and stick some zinc oxide in there to dry it out; especially during swimming and sweating weather. I mostly use Johnson's Baby Powder medicated with zinc oxide, aloe and vitamin E under folds and belly button for preventive. Good luck at the doctors!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:17 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

here's my two cents [because that belly button infection was the beginning of the marathon yeast infections in the skinfolds!!!]

i stick a cotton swab in there after a shower - and, in a pinch, a little lamisil helps. but ya gotta go see your doc first - because it's the start of the PS documentation!!!

good luck, Kier! on many levels.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Angela When I was 4 I had the cords loosened in my legs (adbuctor and adductor) So I could Walk. Being a preemie (and indeed a micro one at that for 1976) they gave me all my meds through the umbilical
so at 4 the docs made me a belly button!

Jiff I'm goign to call My primary This morning! I'll definitely do the Q-tip thing tho to dry it out
Old 10-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #6  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Awwww, thats interesting!
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

to see it out of context it's probably a little strange! but the difference between a little kid afraid of a procedure and one looking fwd to one I guess
Old 10-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #8  
my girls

S/C/G: 379/341/180

Height: 5'7

i use my kids diaper rash cream (desitin) works great!!! my husband used it too when he gets chaffed from sweat
mistymed is offline   Reply With Quote