Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm in Stall-HELLo!

Well, it has been about a month and nary a pound. Getting in my water has been an issue, I know that, so I'm back to the basics. Writing down exactly what I'm eating and how much. Starting my day off with a protein drink, etc.
I'm cutting all protein bars for a while because of the calories in them. I know that I have had more carbs creep in like granola oat cereals, bananas, even had 1/3 of a white baked potato. I was feeding it to my little GD and taking bites in between and before I knew it 1/3 of it was gone! Now that is why I don't usually do anything white; too easy for me to gobble it up. My fiber levels have been ridiculously low. I did find a really good bread for DH. It is called Healthy Life: 40 cal per slice; .5 g fat; 8 carbs; 1 fiber; 2 protein. I got to eat 1/2 of a slice with reduced sugar strawberry jam before I clogged up. I also found a whole wheat,flax and oat bran by Joseph's: 60 cals; 2 fats; 8 carbs; 4 fiber; 6 protein. See all carbs!!! I can only find these 35 miles away from me, TG. About 8:30 every night, I get the biggest cravings and I justify eating a handful of rice and flax crackers because I take my pm meds then. DUH! So that has stopped. We have had constant rain the last few weeks and I have been pinned in the house more than usual and have been hungry constantly. Head Hunger Sucks!!! Yesterday I ate 1/2 an apple and a Pure Protein bar!!! DUH again!!! Oh while reading a cookbook!!! LOL!!! Old habits sure aren't far from me and then there is the worry that I'm done losing weight and from here on out I just need to maintain. Please don't let that be the case!!! I also feel fat!! Well, enough whinning. I went to the doctor's and they scheduled a lumpectomy and hernia repair for this Monday, but I've decided to wait until the end of July for the lumpectomy and the hernia has to be an open so I'm going to postpone it until the end of summer, because this is the first summer I've had in 33 years that I'm not morbidly obese. I finally went golfing for the first time with my family in seven years. It was wonderful and I wasn't dead by the end of nine holes; although I did stink at it. Well, you all have a good day; I'm off to church and if the rain will hold off will try to walk it this morning.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #2  
ShrinkingPamelalala

S/C/G: 271/179/155ish

Height: 5'7'

Man, that head hunger can be a real b*t*h! I've been having it lately. I'm trying desperately to keep myself busy so I don't hit the fridge. Overdid it on those tiny little tootsie rolls last night, unfortunately DH keeps them around. Then I had that OMG I ate too much sugar feeling. At least I have something to slap me upside the head and say "stop it"!!

I just made an old standby for breakfast this morning. Don't know if ya'll are familiar with it, the 1 Minute Flax Muffins? I just posted it on my blog, let's see if I can go copy and paste it here....

The recipe sounds like it's too simple to be true, but trust me, it works. Here ya go..

1 Minute Flax Muffins

1/4 cup Flax Meal (available at health food stores or Netrition.com)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 individual packet of Splenda (not the big one I talked about yesterday!)
1 tsp cinnamon (experiment here if you want)
1 egg
1-2 tsp oil (I use olive oil)

Mix the dry ingredients in a large coffee mug. Add egg and oil and mix well. Microwave 45 seconds to 1 minute. This is the tricky part since everyone's oven is different. The muffin should rise way up. It is done when the top isn't wet looking anymore but still moist. You'll know the look after a time or two. Pop it out immediately and put the cup to soak or it'll be a b*t*h to clean. Enjoy plain or with a little butter or jam. I can only eat 1/2, the rest is great toasted.

shrinkingpamelalala
tropigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #3  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Head hunger the Head Hunter! I so know what you mean...the food addict that lives in my brain is still alive and well just thinner.

Concerning hydration...Switching from tons and tons of water (before surgery) to tea was the best thing for me. I love my flavored tea...I mix in a little tiny bit of juice and I drink less and am less dehydrated.

Feeling fat is a head thing too, we are SOOOO not fat anymore! Letting go of the expectation that we will look a certain way is key. I have used my artist eye to notice every change, and told myself that I was giving me a gift every day...good food, exercise, positive thought...and as for plateaus/stalls, I think you are doing the right thing. I've found that changing what I eat and how I exercise helped me. Including intervals (30 sec. bursts of "pushing" myself through out my routine) were a major factor.

Lastly, sounds like you might just need an ear and a

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 06-29-2008 at 11:57 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #4  

Thank you Tropigal! I've got the recipe down and ready to go. Miss Angie: Thank you also. I've switched to the stevia flavors and Lipton Diet White teas to try and get in my fluids, it is just taking the time to drink the darn stuff. As for "feeling fat", LOL!! I know I'll never be model thin, but my egg-plant shape haunts me!!! LOL! Always am finding something nicer in the next size down! Thank you for the hug. The weather is driving me crazy, well, I'll blame it on that!
Old 06-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 316/SD300/254/180 RNY 3-4-08

Height: 5'8

Hang in there hun and lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way. The rain has to let up some soon!!! You will get there!
whitelion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:14 AM   #6  

Default Flax Muffin

Here is my review of the muffin: I did 1/2 flax meal and 1/2 almond meal because ran out of flax seeds to grind. I used 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and a packet of stevia. Sprayed my coffee cup with canola and cooked it for exactly for 45 secs. I have a 1,000 watt microwave. It was good, but for those of us who have trouble with bread, go slow. I used tsp of no added sugar strawberry jam. I used 1/2 of the muffin and it was very filling. I think that I might just add a touch more of stevia next time. Stevia is so hard to cook with, but good. I will make this again. My DH wanted to know where the chocolate chips were!!!!! LOL!!! You all have a nice day. I'm off to the motor vehicle office. I was driving Saturday in hubby's car and got pulled over for expired tags! They were due the 21st. No, I wasn't pretty or young enough to get out of a ticket!!! Darn it!