Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Grateful Post!

I'm grateful that God has given me a chance to have a LIFE. I'm happy because DH has a day off and we can work in the yard TOGETHER, happy to be able to play with my dogs, happy to be able to enjoy my children and grandchildren, happy it is NOT raining, grateful I can go up and down the basement stairs with my laundry and hang things out on the line, grateful I can get on and off the lawn mower without swing my legs in the air and practically laying on my back, grateful my belly isn't rubbing the mower and car steering wheels, grateful I slept five hours straight last night without so much back and leg pain, grateful I can squat a little to help plant the garden. I JUST SO DANG GRATEFUL FOR THE WLS AND A LIFE!!!!!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: 5'10"

That's so fabulous!!! I'm so happy that your weight loss has made such a huge change in your life. AND, I'm so proud of you having lost 120 lbs!!! That's an enormous accomplishment and you, and your improved quality of life, is a huge motivator for someone like me. I've just started needing to lose 100 pounds.

I am grateful for the three pounds I've lost already and I'm also, really, pretty embarassed that I'm 100 (97 now) pounds overweight when so much of the world is starving. Perhaps it just hit me because of the world-wide food shortages coming at the same time as my 'a-ha' moment about my out of control weight, but (and I'm sure this won't work for everyone) it really helps me to eat more grains and vegetables and less meat and dairy when I think about how LUCKY I was to be born in an exceedingly rich country, instead of, say, Ethiopia. In my view, it was all the luck of the draw, there in the beginning, and I'm feeling like I need to be more responsible with the world's limited resources. Instead of eating them all at one sitting. :-)

That might sound kind of guilt-inducing, but really, it makes me feel more responsible, and as if I'm more involved in the WHOLE WORLD. Goofy, but there you have it. And I'm grateful that I have the 'option' of going on a diet and 'choosing' to eat healthy. I'm exceedingly grateful for that.
BeckyC104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #3  
my girls

S/C/G: 379/341/180

Height: 5'7

you inspire me nanj
mistymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #4  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Thank you Nancy for saying that! and I'm with you and am grateful for all I can do now too!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote