Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-28-2008, 12:31 PM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default Called the NUT for advice on the plateau I've been on.....

Remember that I have been hovering around the same 5 lbs for almost 3 weeks?

Well frustrated, I called the NUT Tuesday and she told me how much I should be eating at this stage...and l there's my problem! I have been tracking my cals and protein on Fitday.com so I was able to tell her what I have ACTUALLY been eating...and she said it was too much starch. I just didn't know!

I tell you my starch choices have always been a problem... always been very addicted! She told me to focus more on proteins, exercise and don't worry too much because "If you've lost nearly 40 lbs since surgery...you're doin' fine!"

Still, I don't want to jeopardize my chances to make this work...So I work it! The last few days I have been doing as she told me and I broke into the 250s!

Thanks,

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Did you say the curse word: S T * * C H E S!?!

Danged platueas!!!! Dang st**ches! Good for you Ange! I'm hovering around the 200 mark and so want to get under it. I want to be in ONDERLAND!!! But, I'm just sitting here. And just sitting may be part of my problem. I've been laxs for the last two weeks in doing any really heart-elevating exercise. I need to add some resistance training and speed up the aerobics. I've had quite a few people who are out about the same time as me, tell me they have slowed down a lot. So yesterday for me was a time to review my Barix On-Track Checklist that someone posted over on OH and realized that when Susan Maria Leach "Before and After...." mentioned that gainers have never turned their life over to this surgery and that just maybe I have only been minimally participating in my long-term weight loss. I'm still doing things from my old life that drive me crazy. E.I. when I'm cooking, I'm still sneaking too many "is it enough spice" bites; I mindlessly ate some baked chips yesterday when packing my DH lunch, etc. I'm still crossing at times into my "old" lifestyle habits. A few times I have had head-hunger incidents that have lead me into eating empty SF calories, when I should have been dealing with it some other way. I know that the surgery doesn't control my weight loss, it give minimal participation and I should be giving the maximum. By setting boundries and not crossing them, savouring my food, slowing down my eating, not pick at "stuff" and getting my water in will get me off the plateaus, to ONDERLAND, and be a life-long loser. At the present time, only thing I seem to be loosing is my hair!! LOL!!

Last edited by nanj; 03-28-2008 at 01:48 PM.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #3  
my girls

S/C/G: 379/341/180

Height: 5'7

i am losing my hair too. not to bad, but enough to notice when washing and brushing. what kind of starches where you getting into trouble with angela
mistymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #4  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

potatos mostly...well, I am Idahoan! They are the only starch I can stomach...doesn't mean I should TRY to stomach them. I am doing just fine without them.

I am trying to set boundies like setting out my food plan in the morning and sticking to it. Hard, I tell you! But I'm doing it.

I have been working out a lot....going to the Y, moving furniture and boxes from the gallery...busy busy! Feels good that my body can do all that without imploding!!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 03-28-2008 at 08:32 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote