Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 316/SD300/254/180 RNY 3-4-08

Height: 5'8

Exclamation Man oh Man!!!

I cant believe my surgery is less then a week away. Work has been soooo busy this week I have not had time to think about it. That is one reason I wanted to make this post. I need some advice from the people who have had the RNY surgery. How am I going to be feeling by that 3rd week out? My boss is wondering if I am going to be up to traveling and working by then. Originally we had planned on me working from home the last two weeks of March, but it is getting harder to stick too business wise. I have a high tolerance for pain and have had lap surgeries before and was up and at it realatively quick. When I had my tubes tight and D&C in November I only took 2 days off. I do not want to be a baby about it but do not want to push too much too soon either! Let me know what you all think!!
whitelion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default You come from tough stock ole gal!

I really can't tell you. I probably would have been able to by then, but for me prolonged riding or flying would not have been good for the circulation in my poor old legs and I think you need to talk it over with your surgeon. I really didn't have any need for pain pills after a couple of days, but did run into trouble because I wasn't moving enough and slowed down my bowels at one point. Just be careful.

I was thinking about you today and realized how close your surgery really was. We went out for sauerkrat and brats for supper (which has been one of the dumbest things I have done to me, my family and poor pets) and I was telling DH how grateful I was to have had the surgery for me and for him and my kids. I feel alive and just "happy" to be able to do things everyday, wear clothes off the rack, be a helper at my church and with my family and so looking forward to a summer without constant pain and sleeplessness. I can't wait for you to get started on your new life!! YaHoo~~

luv ya cuz!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:15 AM   #3  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Woohoo! Honey, a week seems like 10 when you're waiting, doesn't????? But don't worry, you just plug your nose and jump in feet first!

I am 3 weeks out and have returned to the classes I hold in the gallery and will be back at the private school I work for next week.

I feel fabulous! not sure I would take a plane anywhere but I am back to same routine at the gym, actually more so! I walked 8.6 miles on Sunday and am still here!

I think it's a personal choice made after surgery and see how you feel. Makes it harder to plan for your boss...but you take good care of you!

This week was a wild rollercoaster for me! So put up your arms and SHOUT....
WOOHOO!!!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 02-28-2008 at 01:19 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:42 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

talk to your doc. some people recover SUPER FAST and others SUPER SLOW. i was a slow one, but that's mostly because i was so sick going in. but WOW!!!! it's getting closer!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote