Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #1  
Hippy Chick

S/C/G: 346/308/180

Height: 5'9''

Smile I just got home from the hospital...

Yay!!! It was much easier than I thought it would be! I feel great other than the soreness in my belly, plus I think I'm having an allergic reaction to the iodine on my tummy and sides. I'm also wicked tired and it seems I've been drifting in and out of sleep for 24 hours now.

And so begins my journey!!!

I will keep everyone posted as to my progress. Sorry this is so short. Time for a nap! lol
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

looking forward to hearing the results. Hoping u have a rapid recovery.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Home !!!

We're glad things went well..... rest up now and don't do anything strenous until the doctor says you can.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #4  
Hippy Chick

S/C/G: 346/308/180

Height: 5'9''

Hi everyone-

Is sleeping so much unusual? I'm also taking more pain medication than was reccommended- they want me to take 1-2 teaspoons every 4 hours, and I've been taking 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons every 3 hours. It really does hurt! Taking one teaspoon every 4 hours doesn't help much. I also expected the first few days home to be a bit more hurty, and hopefully I won't need as much in the next few days.

I did want to know if anyone started drinking protein shakes the first week home, or waited until the second week.

Melissa
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #5  
banned

It's not unusual to be so tired the first week; you are recovering! All I did was sleep the first weekend I was home...lol.

As for protein shakes, check with the doctor's office, but I started mine when I went to full liquid.
LAnneCarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

check with your doc about your pain med. you shoudln't need 2-3 times the recommended dose to control your pain.

as for the protein shakes - my doc had me start them IMMEDIATELY. he said that it helped with the healing. do what your doc says.

so glad you're home! and sleep well! remember, you've had major surgery, complete with anesthesia, and you time and ENERGY to heal. so rest up!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Welcome Home!!!!
I slept a lot more for the first 3 months. It wasn't until I was 2.5 months post-op that I could go without a nap or 2 during the day. Keep us posted!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote