Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-29-2006, 02:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default totally having a hiccup in my day

Well I'm just gonna say this up front...this is a rant...a PMS rant to be specific. I'm hoping that it will help me over the hurdle if I just put it all down and hit send.

This is my first PMS hurdle since beginning my 'lifestyle change' and I was trying to be prepared for it but it has hit me like a ton of bricks...3 days early. I know this is probably just an effect of the change in diet and exercise which is great but in the past hour I have become instantly exhausted, cranky, bloated, my back is killing me and I'm buried in cramps. Its really just horrible. Not to mention that I'm antsy, irritable and suffering my first real bout of cravings since starting. I would really like to be able to get up from my desk and move around which I'm going to try to do this afternoon but I can't seem to will my phone to stop ringing or get my boss not to notice me missing!

So far today I've kept it really healthy and have tried to take the edge off with a cup of diet hot chocolate. I really like the change in the foods that I'm eating and was very happy with my lunch (some grilled chicken with brown rice and broccoli) but quite frankly all I want right now is a salt lick and a bowl of fudge with a big spoon in it, my flannel fat pants and a sappy movie!

I'm hoping by getting this all down and out I'll be able to make it through the rest of the afternoon at work and get home throw together a quick healthy dinner and go straight to bed to avoid giving into any of my usual comfort food super-carb cravings. And in the meantime...water water water!

well thats it, thats my rant. wish me luck!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:56 PM   #2  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Wishing you lots and lots of luck!!! I know how hard it can be. Maybe it's time to just turn your voicemail on, tell your boss you aren't feeling well and need to get some fresh air, and walk outside for five minutes no matter what people say?

This is just a hurdle; this too shall pass. Until then, be strong! I know you can!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #3  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Have you taken anything for the cramps/back pain? Ibuprofen always works wonders for me. I've never found the drugs specifically targeted to PMS symptions to be helpful, but straight Ibuprofen always works (although sometimes I need a lot of it--I definitely push the boundaries of the recommended dosage).

I also get a lot of cravings but so far haven't found anything that helps (other than eating, of course... ) Mostly I just try to ignore them.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote