Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-29-2006, 11:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Help! Not sure what is going on!

I was able to get my wedding ring off, it's been about 3 weeks now. I've been having a hard time getting it back on! After I first took it off, I noticed that there was a lot of swelling above where the ring was. I thought I would try leaving the ring off for awhile and let the swelling go down, but it hasn't yet. The ring had been stuck on my finger since last winter sometime. Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think that I've done some damage to the blood vessels and whatnot? I'll try and get a picture of the swelling up tomorrow, I don't have time tonight. Any ideas? Thanks.
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

It sounds like it might be wise to see a doctor about it. Better safe than sorry.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:48 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Jackie, I agree with fiddler. Make an appointment with the doctor, it may be nothing, but it might be something. I am not sure what it could be. Let us know how you are!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #4  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

does your finger hurt too?
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:45 PM   #5  

Definitely see a doctor and also check for swelling anywhere else and keep track of what you have eaten, such as anything you have tried that is different or something you haven't eaten in a long time.
Celesteral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

No, my finger doesn't hurt and I don't have any swelling anywhere else......my ring fits on my right hand with no problems. I haven't eaten anything new or anything I haven't had in awhile. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the swelling I get with my tendonitis. My hands have been acting up the last couple weeks too! I've been so busy the last couple days, so I still don't have a picture and I haven't been able to do a search on the net either. Unless I point it out to someone, noone has been able to see it on their own. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else that wasn't able to get their ring off.
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #7  
rethinking myself...

S/C/G: 276/256/175

Height: 5' 11"

I would check with a doctor. I have swelling in my left hand because of some damage from a car accident. Nothing in the hand was broken, but I think I severely jammed several fingers. It has been 7 months and there is still a little swelling there. I think swelling in the fingers can take a long time to go away, especially if it is in your non-dominant hand. My therapist told me to make a fist and spread out my fingers alternately as much as I could, and it did seem to help at first. I think the idea is to get blood flow going and help your body naturally take care of it's swelling. Now that I'm down to just a little swelling, progress is very slow.

If nothing hurts, doing the fist and spread fingers thing won't hurt you.
kittymuse is offline   Reply With Quote