Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-22-2006, 06:13 PM   #1  

Default Nervous about weigh in.

Tommorow will be my first weigh in. All week I've been looking forward to actually seeing results on the scale. I am proud of myself for what I have accomplished and the changes I have managed to make to my diet, exersize routine, and general frame of mind this last week.

But now that the day nears, I AM SO NERVOUS. What if I haven't lost anything? Or, even if I have lost, what if it doesn't feel like enough. I know my goal was 2 lbs per week, but watching the scale go from 184 to 182 isn't that big of a jump. I am worried about being discouraged. Should I weigh in at all?
Lynellie-poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:19 PM   #2  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

In my opinion, it's better than not knowing, so long as you can keep in mind that if you keep up doing the right things, you WILL see the right results. My worst times have been when I haven't been keeping track of my weight, whether out of fear or denial.

Good luck!
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:26 PM   #3  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

I love to see the scale results. I wish you luck! I hope you see a good loss this week.
pgray1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:33 PM   #4  
Ivy135

S/C/G: 219/171/135

Height: 5"4

Hey, I know the feeling It was my first weigh in today and I was so nervous I know my blood pressure went sky high. But I got excellent new the Dr. was so proud of me I had lost 20 pound in 1 month. Listen don't just go by weight also try to measure yourself and keep log of everything. And remember us women have a certain times of the month where you just should not even go on scale.

Good Luck!!

Ivy
my ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:46 PM   #5  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Wow, Ivy, that is REALLY impressive! Congratulations to you.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #6  
Ivy135

S/C/G: 219/171/135

Height: 5"4

Hey, Goodness i physically took the chart from the nurse just to see for myself and guess what I'm still in shock.

Oh how I wish I could finally get a new wardrobe....size 8

Ivy
my ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

like you i worry about my weigh in days .. oy .. just gets worse and worse every week ..but every week I have lost .. and like you i thought that maybe i shouldn't weigh in .. cause I might get discouraged at JUST a 2 lb loss .. but ya gotta put it in perspective ... 2 lbs is ALOT .. go to ya grocery store .. and go to the meat section ..then look at 2 lbs of meat .. or ya want a real shock ask to look at 2 lbs of fat!! 2 lbs may not sound like much or be impressive when you want to lose 20 or 30 or 100 lbs ... but just LOOK at the physical amount that you have lost. I keep focusing on that, everytime I start to get depressed about just losing 1 or 2 lbs a week .. I shake myself and remember exactly what it is I have accomplished
owira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:18 PM   #8  
I restore Teeth.

wow congrats!

I generally am not a fan of weigh-ins. I just don't like the idea of expecting something and then the possibility of being disappointed. But it works for many people and provides the ongoing motivation for it. Some people, like how I used to be, saw the scale go up and then kicked myself, and followed it with a whole bag of cookies!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #9  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Remember the scale is just numbers. I weigh myself every week, sometimes I have a big loss sometimes no loss. Find a different way to measure your loss other than the scale. For instance I have 4 pair of jeans, all the same size(according to the manufacturers), all fit differently. I try them on each week after my weigh in. Today, the largest pair actually fit comfortably. The smallest of the jeans I was able to pull all the way up (four weeks ago I couldn't get them past my thighs). To me these are big accomplishmnents.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

I'm all about the tape measure - that doens't lie and you can't say that it was the water you just had. I can't do the scale thing until after a LONG span of time has passed. I get so discouraged. I like the tape measurement a LOT more and I also like the jean thing -- jeans are such a good indicator!! Best of Luck
Crescendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:05 PM   #11  

Owira, that is really encouraging what you said about actually looking at a 2lb cut of meat. I will try to keep that in mind.
Lynellie-poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

ya welcome ..sometimes its the only thing that will keep me on track and focused .. lol .. and I hope whichever way ya chose ya still keepin at it!
owira is offline   Reply With Quote