Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-16-2006, 08:56 AM   #16  
Enjoy the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Chick View Post
Hmmmmm I agree with most all the comments above.......

People who move like 10 ft out of the way when I come walking their way. I'm big but come on its not like your going to get fat by being near me!!!!!!
I totally get that.
Brendalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #17  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendalee View Post
I totally get that.
I can't believe you guys get that! Either I'm totally oblivious or just lucky, but that's digusting of people to do

I hate having to pay crazy prices for nice clothes and have trouble finding them

Shoe shopping is difficult, my foot is so wide!

FEELING like the fat girl/woman around

Comments like "Oh, you eat very healthy!" of total surprise - I guess it does make sense that people wonder, but someone actually asked me if I eat like that all the time or just lunches.

Being unable to FIT INTO chairs and seats

those are just a few for now..
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:14 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 213/213/139

Height: 5'7"

yes that really happened to me at a family reunion 5 years ago when I was 10 pounds thinner than I am now and I have another one coming up this summer. I will hit 155 before that reunion.
card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:15 AM   #19  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulone View Post
Comments like "Oh, you eat very healthy!" of total surprise -
Hahaha hahaha, yes! I get that very regularly and have for years. In public, of course, I eat well. It's how I ate when I was alone that made me fat. Now that I've lost some weight it's not so true any more, but I did just hear this the other day.

I hate missing out on so many cute fashion trends. Long, drapey shirts and stretchy-waist pants have been my only outfit for years! Not so much any more (yay!), though.

I hate having everyone set up my skinny sister with their friends for blind dates, but never me. For years, she's heard, "Why aren't you married?" Nobody has ever asked me that.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #20  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

My obese father took me to a doctor's appointment in the beginning of January. I was sitting on the bed, waiting for the doctor to come in, and he says to me, "You have a case of Dunlops!"

me: Huh? What?
him: Dunlops! It's where your stomach dun-lops over your pants.

Hypocrit.
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:22 AM   #21  

I agree with redlight, my belly drives me nuts and I am not quick enought to poke back!!!!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:54 PM   #22  

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
I forgot to mention bra shopping. I'm a 38D/DD.
I'm a 36 DD/E, so I feel ya. Bra shopping does suck. I have to spend a fortune buying pretty ones or be stuck with the orthopedic looking ones that resemble something designed for little old grannies.
fitaitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:23 PM   #23  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

fiddler, I used to have people ask if my DH was my son. This really irritated me. I am 4 yrs. older than him. I don't think I look at all older than him now. He took his then 17 yr. old DD shopping for her b-day and the sales lady thought he was her boyfriend..lol, this offended him because he said her skirt was too short. The sales lady said "oh, you know she looks hot".
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #24  

Shoe shopping gets me the most. IF the cute shoe comes in wide AND doesn't look like my foot is bubbleing out of the shoe, I still have no ankles! I haven't had an easy time shopping for bras since the 1st one. I "developed" young and when I hit a D cup in 7th grade my mom made me wear old lady bras - so embarassing in gym. The 32DD's I wore before (@117!) were harder to find than the 38DDD I wear now!
QuiltBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:03 PM   #25  

BRAS!

I know it's hard to find the large bras, but try finding a 48/A cup. It does not exist. Not every overweight woman has ample ta-tas.
4MeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 170/166/150

Height: 5'8"

People can be so mean. When I was a chubbier adolescent, I had a number of people pointing out the fact that I was fat and ugly. Sometimes they would say it so matter of factly, as though I had toilet paper on my shoe. "Psst...Did you know you're fat?"

Right now, one of the things that annoys me is that most of my fat gathers in my mid-section. This is a common occurence for most men, but for women it's not as forgiving.

My shape being what it is, it's difficult to find clothes. Certain items will fit in one place, but not another. Shirts and pants might not be long enough for my height and bras are a challenge. I find it extremely dissapointing that I am flat chested with all these curves; not sexy at all.

One last thing that annoys me is when I bend over for any reason, and all that fat is smooshed together. Soooo not appealing.
Hale_Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
having pudgy tummy rolls that stick out of your waistline in pants/jeans/skirts. I think this is called muffintop??
Yes, that's a muffin top.

I've always had a bit of one even when I wasn't chubby.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:28 PM   #28  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Back fat, tummy roll and double chin bothered me the most.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:15 PM   #29  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Getting out of breath just tying my shoes is what bothered me the most and led to my deciding to do something about it.

Avoiding stairs because my knees hurt. And my back ached constantly.

Knowing I'd had open heart surgery and was just killing myself.

Never feeling up to doing anything but plopping down and missing life.
Having a 40 hour work week feel like I'd run a marathon, and just being too tired for anything. Once I was closer to goal, I actually began taking night classes again. And STILL had energy to burn. If I weren't smaller now, there's no WAY I could keep up with a nearly 1 year old at my age.

Clothes! I HATED the clothing choices...the way they made shorts with elephant legs and tanks with armpits to my naval. They weren't designed by anyone that had any idea what being overweight was like.

Any amount of standing would get to me. I hated shopping for that reason. I just wanted to get it done and get home. And since I hated the clothes, I couldn't even get excited about clothes shopping. Hubby has a hard time pulling me away from stores now. And I can spend literally hours just trying on everything. LOL

I hated sitting on airplanes, in restaurant booths...any tight and confining spaces. Always felt like I had no elbow room, never comfortable.

People kept saying I was pretty but I didn't see it in the mirror. I didn't know what they were seeing. I didn't think I was ugly. But to me, pretty would have been a much smaller and healthier person. And I wasn't it.

Feeling shy and unsociable, thinking that people were avoiding me but it was frankly me avoiding eye contact and just talking to people. Now I'm more outgoing.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:17 AM   #30  
<333

S/C/G: 283/251/180

Height: 5' 4

hmm. The worst things for me were...

Once in this coffee shop, the lady working there asked for my order. I said, can I get a vanilla latter with nonfat milk? And then she giggles and goes, "Really?" in the most sarcastic voice. And I just walked away of embarassment.

I wear a 40C in bras, and I get em' wherever I can find em'.

Another sucky comment Ive had is kids in school screaming HEY! HE LIKES YOU! just to insult each other while the other kid screams to defend himself.

One more was when I was in PE, and this kid kept running away from me and everytime he past me, he would shout, "AHH! DONT EAT ME!" That truelly sucks. ALOT.
Stephanieee<3 is offline   Reply With Quote