Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-26-2006, 01:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/263/160

Height: 5'5

Talking I'm New!

Hey everybody, I'm K'Lynn and I'm 20 years old. I just recently came to the fact that I need to lose some weight and live a healthier life! I signed up at a Gym near my home and have been going there for about 2 weeks now! I have always been a little over weight but nothing extreme, then in 2003 I lost somebody I loved more than anything in this world, when they were in a car accident. After that I didn't care too much about anything, and from 2003 - 2005 I gained a whole lot of weight. Now that I've snapped back into real life and realized life goes on, I want to live healthy and turn myself around! I really hope I can do it, I know I can, and this site seems like it will help out a lot!
Sorry for rambling, but I can't wait to get to know you all and this site looks great!!
Dragonfly_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:19 AM   #2  

Glad you joined us, K'Lynn. This site has been very helpful to me. When I first started, I spend alot of time reading up on older messages. There's alot of good information to be had. And make no mistake, it is possible to lose a sizable amount of weight with a sensible attitude and long range plan. It's not easy, at least not for me, but man is it ever worth it!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 306/291/healthy

Height: 5 ft. 4 in.

Default Me too...

Hello K'Lynn it is nice to meat you. I have been a "lurker" here for a while now but have just very recently become more active in reading posts. Your story touched me. I am 29 and last fall (2005) I lost my father after watching him die a slow death from being overweight (the doctors called it diabetes, congestive heart failure, pulmonary disfunction, etc etc etc ..but let's be real...it was the fact that he never weighed less that 350 for the last 3 decades of his life! all the rest was because of that) anyway, it wasnt until I saw a picture taken of me at his funeral service that I realized I was killing myself the same way he did. What a wake up call!

That was last September, and i weighed in at just a little over 300lbs myself. Things have been slow going because of my own health issues but as long as in the big picture I can continue to take it off and not put it back on I will be happy.

Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome and I hope we can be of support to each other.Good Luck and Congrats on deciding to love yourself enough to be healthy!
DvineRbcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:18 AM   #4  

My dad has also been fat as long as I can remember. He's gone blind from diabetes now. He does not enjoy a high quality of life, and will doubtfully end up in a box sooner than he would have it it were not for his weight.

This was very motivational to me. I really, really do not want to go blind or end up losing a limb. Heck, the idea of having to use a needle frequently like he does freaks me out.

Even losing a relatively small amount of weight can help. I had lost just about 30 pounds when my high blood pressure went away. That alone, even if I never lost another pound, made it worth it. At 60 pounds lost, my left knee, which used to hurt pretty much continuously, pretty much stopped hurting altogether. And my blood sugars are fine.

I'm babbling. Sorry. Just trying to point out that even if one's father is fat, and always has been, doesn't mean one is doomed to the same fate.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:06 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey K'Lynn, I'm so glad that you are starting at 20 to make these changes! That is great. You have a lot better chance of success by doing it now! Good for you for starting out. It's going to take a long haul, but remember, it's only time, only time! What else do you have to do? You will be sooo happy and feel so much better, being healthy and strong.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:34 PM   #6  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

K'Lynn!!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:32 AM   #7  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Welcome to the site, K'Lynn!

It looks like you're taking a good start. You'll see, the forums and all the wonderful people here will be of great helps as well.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:28 AM   #8  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! There are lots of great people around here, I know you will like it!

Good luck
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote