Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #1  
Fat-be-gone

Default Sept 4th Goal--4 weeks to go

How time flies. Only four weeks left for this goal!!!

I have gained 2 pounds!!! This past weekend was horrible. No excercising (well a lot of walking because we went shopping). The worst food you can think of. Me an my bf have vowed not to eat out at all this week because we are just so tired of fast food. I am actually craving vegetables!!! And after not being able to sleep last night, Andres says he wants to stop with the junk food for a while. Hey, maybe this will make it easier to stick with eating right!!

Anywho, I'm back to where I started 4 weeks ago!!! I need to find my groove. Something I can stick to. Still looking for it!!!

Courtnie-Woohoo for you on making it to 180!!! that's great. SO is your baby's name Beanz or did you decide on something else (telling form your profile name....Keiko???)

Aimee-that's great that you got through day 1 of SB. and it sounds like you like it too. I think you are going to start rocking it and dropping that weight.

La3y-good for you on eating right this weekend. let's hope it extends on to this week!!!!

Chat with ya later
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:46 AM   #2  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

I think my week will be off alittle I will have my boob job this week and I will be at home for the end of the week....

WOW only 4 more weeks.....dang I have not worked on this like I should have....I got 4 weeks....hmmmmmmmm......lots of hard work....Lets get moving...
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:31 AM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

So I make it to 180 and then I eat bad this weekend, argh. At least I got of swimming and gardening in. And its tom, so the two pounds gain is no big deal. But back on it today, I sware! I don't remember my final goal for this, 170 I think.

And yes, her name is Keiko (kay-ko) - She was named after the whale that played free willy. Her and I watched free willy together right after I got her. I love that movie. I want to name her something related to Van Isl (see lots of kill whales around here) and its still different but not too different. And she is marked like a little whale. It was the perfect name that I was looking for. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, lol.

Aimee - congrats on SB! You can do it! Be sure to let us know how it works out - maybe I will give it a go, haha.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Rosario - those 2 pounds will come off in no time once you figure out what works for you. Some advice from the fast food queen? Find better alternatives so that it's not an all or nothing kinda thing. Wendy's does a GREAT grilled chicken burger, plain with mustard and you've got a great alternative, get a side salad or chilli, or even a baked potato. McD's? Chicken fajitas and their fruit 'n yogurt parfait! Gimme any other fast food place and I'll find you good alternatives! Its about making weight loss something you can sustain, and I know for me, not eating fast food isn't an option. I know the last time we went grocery shopping I knew TOM was coming, so we bought 100 cal pringles packages, thinsations (chocolate chip ones), banana cream mousse in single serving sizes. Not all the best things, but so much better than other things I might have had. Alright.. I am off my little soapbox here.

la3y - 4 weeks is pretty scary eh? I feel like I have a LOT of work to do!

SB is hard! I've decided yesterday was my orientation into it, I caved at night and had a package of thinsations chocolate chip, AND, I drank lemonade, and some koala drink. Today I am vowing to only drink water, coffee and tea until I get home from work. Alrighty, speaking of work, I guess I better head there! Nothing like working on a holiday! At least I'm making tons of cash!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:44 AM   #5  

Alright, today was HARD!! I did all the good food stuff, didn't drink anything but water and coffee at work. But when I got home my head was pounding and I was sick to my stomach, I thought I might barf. I ate 4 crackers, and have decided that I am NOT going to put anything in my belly tonight. I tell yah, my body doesn't like detoxing from sugar, which tells you how bad it really is for me. Tomorrow will be easier.

I go for my test for the new job on Wednesday, I'm sure I'll pass with flying colours, but wow.. talk about nerve racking. I also have to shop for that wedding on the 12th. I got that tube top, but it's SO hard to find a skirt!! Tell me if this is a faux-paux.. I was thinking if I can't find a skirt, I would get some of those longer length shorts, but in a dressy way, maybe pinstripes, with some heels, the tube tops and a little wrap. Is that too casual for a fancy-ish wedding? I haven't been to a wedding since I was a very little girl and have no idea! Any words of wisdom?

-Aimee
Old 08-08-2006, 01:56 AM   #6  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Hey...can I join? What's the plan? I've soo been off plan for a few months. Luckly I've still been working out and trying to eat heathly on most of the days...but I need to get back into the groove of things.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:37 AM   #7  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

I really should switch from the 30 pounds by sept. 30 goal to the personal september 4th Challenge. I'll be going on vacation Sept. 1st over Labor Day weekend so I will probably have a hard time dieting through that. Plus it gives me good incentive to lose before my trip. I can always go back to the 30 pounds by the 30th goal later... Though I'll doubt I'll make that one.

OK, I talked myself into switching.
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:21 AM   #8  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

I have already challenged myself to be down to 177 by Aug 20th but I will join this challenge too with a goal of 172.
beforeim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:22 AM   #9  
Fat-be-gone

JT-just make a goal to hit by Sept. 4th. There's four weeks left!!

aimee-i think that sounds way cute. just make sure the shorts look dressy. but when you say tube top, I think of those tiny bra tops that cover just your boobs. are you talking about that or a strapless blouse?

Last night was awesome but overkill on food. Me and Bf went to Jillian's and we bowled and shot hoops. Then we went to watch "The Descent" (it had it's moments but I should of waited for it to come oout on video). I am so tired this morning that I don't think I'm going to get any excercise in. And food should be good.

I'll be back to chat later. I have to clean my desk. The ants are invading!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Welcome to all the new people! Never to late to join!

Aimee - WTG to go on sticking with it, give it a few days and you will probably feel a million times better! As for the wedding... no idea, never really been in one.

I tried so hard to eat good yesterday, really I did. I didn't do too bad but I did go over calories a bit. Not like Saturday and Sunday tho, argh. I tell yah, camping is EVIL and we didn't even stay the night!

Keiko is going to come to my work today and meet everyday (read: I am going to show her off). I put her on puppywar.com but she isn't doing very well... I put the pic that is in my avatar, boyfriend says it isn't very cute and I should try a different one.

It was a long weekend here this weekend but I feel like I didn't even get to relax. Saturday we went down to the campground with my parents. Sunday I weeded the yard. Yesterday I set up my other fish tank. And between all that, I would just sit down and get comfy and Keiko would need to go out. Or my boyfriend would need me to do something for him... finally I told him he was lazy, haha.

But anyway, I am kinda upset. On Saturday I found out that my yellow lab that has been in the family for the last 8 years has cancer. Well they think - they have been runing tests for the last few months and still don't know. The can send him to Vancouver to run different test and they still won't fix it. He would go thru a lot of pain just to found out whats wrong with him. My parents decided to just leave him and let him enjoy any time he has left. I agree with their decision. But it was still very sad when they told me.

But yah, time for me to get ready for work!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #11  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

Courtnie love the new name. IT is perfect...My sister and my nephew went to see keyko they were living in iceland at the time. they were going to go again. and well keyko is not around anymore.

Aimee, it is so hard to lose weight I know I have been giong between 1 pound lost and one pound gained.

Well as I was telling Aimee I will lose a pound and then gain it back but at least it is not to much gained. I have started back at the gym and think that it might be water weight plus I am at the end of my Aunt flow. I hope to be down a pound by next week if not two. that would be awsome
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:40 AM   #12  

Rosario - basically it's a strapless black cotton/stretch top, the one I got is a longer length, so it goes to my hip bones. Its super cute on, I never thought I could wear something like it!

Azul - I hear yah! I seem to bounce between the same 2-3 pounds, I'm hoping to kick start weight loss with SB. I always have to do something drastic like quitting sugar and/or wheat to get things on a roll again.

Welcome kierr, beforeim35, jt! JT - just set a goal and go at 'er!

The mornings are always pretty good for me.. it's that time after work, but before dinner. Yesterday I had a planned snack, I definitely am going to do that again today! My scale is being kind.. so its feeling like it's all worth it, yay Again today my goal is to not drink anything but water and coffee and to only eat my lunch and snacks that I bring. OH! Yesterday I drank 1.5 litre's of water! The heck you say? I usually am lucky to get half a glass in.. so I'm doing much better Off I go to work.. have a good one

-Aimee
Old 08-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies...I'm back for real this time. I'm really ready to get back on track. I've been pretty disappointed with myself lately...I just can't seem to stick with the goals I set for myself. But, I'm back and ready to try again! I'm going to spend some time today reading the old threads to see how everyone is doing. Hope all is well!
lovemygordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #14  
Starting Fresh

Welcome back Robin I know we all missed you! (woof woof, hehe )
Old 08-08-2006, 11:50 PM   #15  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Today I was pretty pleased to get on the scale at the gym. I'm back down to 193. I was down there a few weeks ago but ate garbage and gained a couple back. So now I'm back to the point where any scale deficit will be the new 'lowest I've been in at least 3 years'. Once I get to 180 it will be the lowest I have been in like 10 years!

One step at a time though, right?

So yeah, maybe I'll hit that little September 4 goal.
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote