Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2006, 10:59 PM   #1  
~Tracy~

S/C/G: 184/184/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Chocoholic

Recently I had gotten into this habit of eating lots of chocolate. I absolutely adore plain Hershey bars. Before I started my "diet" or "Lifestyle" change, I was craving it like mad. I ate like 4 or 5 of them a day. I haven't had one in two days and its driving me crazy. Could this craving be a sign of some medical problem?
iawildflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:30 PM   #2  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

My guess is that it's sugar addiction - plain and simple. You're body is used to getting a lot of sugar every day, and now you've taken it away, so you're kinda going through sugar-withdrawal. I used to eat a chocolate bar every day, plus other treats, and it was SO hard to get off them. I ended up having to go cold-turkey for two weeks on all sugar just to get over it. Now I can buy a chocolate bar, put it in the fridge or freezer, and eat it over a few days. The longer you can resist, the easier it will get to pass up those treats.
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:48 AM   #3  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

It took me about 3-4 weeks to stop craving sweets (i love chocolate too - its my favorite)
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:54 AM   #4  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Tracy.. I would suggest that you switch from milk chocolate to dark chocolate. When I did my addiction was like night and day. I still enjoy a piece of dark chocolate now and then but I don't need to gorge.

Make sure the dark is 70% cocoa. Or at least as much cocoa as you can find and like.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote