Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2006, 09:00 PM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default Spare Tire Above the Belly Button

Is this the last thing to go?.... if you have the misfortune of having this fat placement above the belly button? It seems like everything else is shrinking but my big fat roll. God, I want it to just leave me alone! What is the best way to get rid of this particular fat?
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm built like that too. I have upper ab fat (and lower ab fat). I seemed to have lost weight from the extremeties in (first my face, thinner arms, legs, etc). I lost nearly 70 lbs, I weigh around 130 lbs and I STILL have upper ab fat. What I found was, I could lose weight, but I couldn't change my shape.

I definitely lost weight all over, but my waist was one of the most stubborn areas and upper ab fat (and outer thigh/saddlebag) was the most stubborn of all.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #3  
hara hachi bu

Funny, I was noticing that part today, too. Yesterday it felt particularly lean, but today it felt like a flotation device.

I've heard that using Nordic Poles/walking sticks helps that area ... obliques.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:14 PM   #4  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Oh Dear Lord, does that mean I will be stuck with my birthin' hips forever? UGH! That's exactly what I want to get rid of!!! Whatever. It's coming off. Glory, I've seen your after pics and you can't even tell you have upper ab fat so maybe it's more obvious to the person who lost than it is to observers?

I want my hips to go.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:19 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I am built the same way. It is much better now than it was (with 91 lbs. lost), but I still wish it were smaller. I have come to accept it and know that my body isn't perfect but I am proud of my achievement. With clothes on, it's not really noticeable. I am at my goal and really don't want to lose much more because my legs are so much noticably thinner than my upper body. Due to varying illnesses , I am unable to do abdominal work-outs, but I wish you the best of luck in achieving the body that you desire. Congratulations on the 58 lbs. lost, that is fantastic.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I've got the same upper & lower belly fat as well. My lower 'tire' is now smaller and doesn't stick out as much as my upper 'tire' does. I haven't had a flat stomach since I was 8 years old (before the lower roll developed), so I'm not at all expecting it to ever be flat without the help of a surgical procedure.

I wear a body shaper though. It smooths out everything pretty nicely.

And, I also have a 'tire' sitting right above my butt. It's gotten smaller, but it hasn't gone away. So I've got 3 spare tires. Anyone else?
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:32 PM   #7  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Speaking of body imperfections you can't get rid of (naturally), this is my deepest darkest secret... I can't believe I'm putting this out there when I do my best to hide it!

I have stretch marks on my butt (like really, really bad ones) and *gulp* varicose veins on my outer thighs. I'm only 24 yrs old!!! Ugh. The heaviest I've been is 176 but the vari started creeping up on me when I taught for a little while and I was 160 then.

Ugh. That felt better. When I get a serious bf, I'm definitely going to a plastic surgeon to get the vari laserically removed. It's so gross. Even if I woke up with perfect legs and butt tomorrow morning, I couldn't show it off...
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #8  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I know how you feel. I have a spare tire below my belly button and I swear, it never looks like it has gotten any smaller. But I know that it has. I could never get into the size I'm currently wearing if it hadn't gotten smaller and if I take my measurements, it's definitely smaller. I think that it's just that the rest of me has gotten smaller in proportion to it, so it still looks the same size. My SO tells me he can definitely see a difference.

For a while I was losing inches in both my waist and my hips at the same time, but my waist has sort of stalled while my hips have continued to get smaller. The result: my shape is changing (yay) but not in a good way (wah). Now, nothing fits. Anything that fits in the waist is way too big in the hips. If it fits in the hips, it's too small in the waist. Oh well...if it's not one thing, it's another - LOL.

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi
Oh Dear Lord, does that mean I will be stuck with my birthin' hips forever? UGH! That's exactly what I want to get rid of!!! Whatever. It's coming off. Glory, I've seen your after pics and you can't even tell you have upper ab fat so maybe it's more obvious to the person who lost than it is to observers?

I want my hips to go.
Ha well yes and it's not really obvious when I'm dressed (unless a shirt is particularly clingy). The last 10 lbs really made a difference (and were the hardest to lose). I have terrible stretch marks on my hips (not from being overweight, just puberty), veins on my thighs and my belly has loose skin/stretch marks (from being overweight) that looks really terrible if I'm laying on my side or god forbid, bending over. And my poor boobs - in a bra they look nice; naked - they are sad and droopy

I was a little disappointed at first, I had dreamed of a sleek flat stomach (I haven't had one since I was 8 either). I just had to accept that I wasn't going to look like Cindy Crawford in a bikini (****, I bet Cindy Crawford doesn't look like Cindy Crawford in a bikini either with all the photoshopping and airbrushing).

Trying on jeans is still a hassle, I'm just shaped WEIRD. I don't look good in any of the super popular Lucky or Sevens jeans (butt looks square, fat hangs out the top). I end up in Eddie Bauer or J. Jill jeans, close to what I want.

Overall, I am ecstatic about the positive changes in my appearance. I look great in clothes and I love my cute tankini with the skirt for the beach/pool.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:45 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue
For a while I was losing inches in both my waist and my hips at the same time, but my waist has sort of stalled while my hips have continued to get smaller. The result: my shape is changing (yay) but not in a good way (wah). Now, nothing fits. Anything that fits in the waist is way too big in the hips. If it fits in the hips, it's too small in the waist. Oh well...if it's not one thing, it's another - LOL.
That happened to me too! The exact same thing. My 29" waist was keeping me out of the size 10s that my 37" inch hips could wiggle into. Just really slowly over time, the waist caught up - I'm about 27" now which puts me in a comfy size 8. Here's the chart (with dates, starting in Sept 04 and ending in December 05):

Date Waist Hips
1-Sep 37 43.5
1-Dec 32 39
1-Feb 30 38
1-Apr 29 37
1-Jun 28 36
1-Dec 27 36
Old 07-19-2006, 10:13 PM   #11  
Constant Vigilance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
Just really slowly over time, the waist caught up - I'm about 27" now which puts me in a comfy size 8.
It's good to have hope that maybe my waist will get there eventually. I did lose another half an inch there last month (on the other hand, lost two inches in my boobs - where? how? I didn't even think I had two inches to lose there).

I'm starting to develop an appreciation for pants that are designed to sit below the waist because they sort of solve the waist problem. I used to hate them because I always felt stange not having my pants at my waist. But one thing about losing weight is that just about all my pants slide down because they are too big. So I've started to get used to pants sitting somewhere around my hips. Just so long as I don't bare my midriff (not a pretty sight )

- Barbara
Old 07-19-2006, 10:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue
(on the other hand, lost two inches in my boobs - where? how? I didn't even think I had two inches to lose there).
Same here. I am hoping and praying that i don't lose my boobs. Im only a B to begin with.
cardsfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:43 PM   #13  
Constant Vigilance

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan2009
Same here. I am hoping and praying that i don't lose my boobs. Im only a B to begin with.
I was an A to begin with! An A! Honestly, I can't imagine where those two inches came from! I swear, they don't look that much smaller. LOL

My trainer said that maybe it's that I lost some fat in my lats. That's sounds better than my boobs getting smaller (and I could sure stand to lose some fat there), so that's what I'm hoping.

- Barbara
Old 07-20-2006, 07:13 AM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Geez I am hoping to eventually lose some of my boobs!!! I've been a DD minimum most of my adult life (My daughter wants me to go get fitted because she is actually an F at 23 and thinks I need a smaller band size and a bigger cup size). Isn't it funny how no matter what, we aren't happy with our boobs? LOL
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:15 AM   #15  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

You know I am the opposite I have a tiny waist and big ole hips...hmmm...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote