Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Unhappy Its my birthday and I'm....

... the heaviest I have ever been in my life. It is truly getting out of control, with the eating, not exercising and my self pity . Its time for me to make a plan, set goals(mini and major), reward myself , eat better for vanity and health(cause I'm not getting any younger), and make exercise a part of my life. Sounds good and I need to do it and there has to be no more excuses. .
There has to be more to life then obsessing about your weight and daily food intake, so I need to fix this obsession, and I am going to .
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #2  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Shannon, Happy B-day!!!! You jump right back up there!!! Get moveing! Plan! Plan! Plan!

I know you can do this! If you need to talk pm me......I only have a few more days before My b-day and I still have 20 more to go!!!!!! So you are not alone!
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:10 AM   #3  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinRN
There has to be more to life then obsessing about your weight and daily food intake, so I need to fix this obsession, and I am going to .
I have found this sentiment to be surprisingly important. There is only one time before this one in my life where I decided to lose weight. I was very successful at first and lost about 45 lbs. Then I just stopped- I went from 1 week 100% gung-ho, and the next week 0% no-go. As often happens in this case, I not only gained the weight back, but added about 17 lbs interest. As I've been thinking about it lately I've come to the conclusion that this happened because I had given up just about everything to weight loss. It was the only thing I was doing, and I let it consume my every thought and interest during each day. Of course I burned out!

This time I'm really trying to focus on incorporating the exercise and nutrition part of my life into the whole of the rest of it rather then supress that whole. So far, I'm finding that I'm happier, I feel much more balanced, and my sucess feels more assured and long-lasting.

And happy B-Day!
andoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Shannon, Happy Birthday!

This is the best gift you can give yourself.
Know that this isn't going to be a cakewalk, but that you have the determination and the strength to get that weight off. You can do it!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #5  
Starting over =]

S/C/G: 225/185/150

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Happy Birthday!!!

Try to imagine yourself skinnier and healthier on your next birthday to keep yourself motivated. Good luck!!!
happyveggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I know you can do it, !!!

sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoreth

This time I'm really trying to focus on incorporating the exercise and nutrition part of my life into the whole of the rest of it rather then supress that whole. So far, I'm finding that I'm happier, I feel much more balanced, and my sucess feels more assured and long-lasting.

And happy B-Day!
I want to be just like Andoreth when/if I grow up!

That's it right there. Making exercise and nutrition a part of your life, and the weight loss will follow.

You deserve to break free from the holds weight has got on you.

May this birthday be a big turning point for you, and that this coming year sees you being able to control your weight rather than it control you.

kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:52 PM   #8  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Happy Birthday - Although you may not have made to progress you would have liked it IS SOMETHING to be aware of what you want and enacting a plan to do it. Unfortunately being aware (notice no obsessing) about food and exercise is key in the battle. We all need to take baby steps to make them stick.

DOnt be down on yourself hun, I know you can do this. All my fat didn't go on in one day, week etc...and I often have to remind myself that it won't come off in one day, week etc...Just stick to it and use this as motivation!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:43 PM   #9  
Friend to Little Doggies

S/C/G: 145/143/120

Height: 5'1"

Hmmmm...

You may not think so, but I believe you're actually in a good space.

I find myself in the same boat these days. I've made no progress at all toward my own Birthday goal [for a variety of reasons] and first I was depressed and whiney but now have simply gotten PISSED pissed . Enough so that I found a program I think works for me and that I want to do and that I AM doing.

Somewhere in there I found myself asking "What do you want more than anything else?" The answer was to be content with my body. Then I noticed that I don't act like it was the most important thing in the world to me, given how I've been going about it. Duh--time to make a change in priority here.

I am just sick to death of this ongoing torture of failed diets. I want to integrate simple healthy habits into my everyday life AND I want to see some progress with my weight. I think this sort of "hitting bottom" is just what I needed to finally get to a no nonsense mindset. Enough whining around a mouth full of french fries, I can do this.

Bet you can too! Happy Birthday to YOU!

Diana
ChicCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Thank you to everyone for your support.
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:46 AM   #11  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

Good luck shannon! And happy birthday. We almost have the same one, mine is tomorrow. You can do this!!!
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:51 AM   #12  
Lovin' being Vegan

S/C/G: 168/153/135

Happy Birthday! Your on the right track. Just think about how your gonna look next year on your birthday if you keep up the weight loss. Your gonna look hot!
Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Don't have a sad birthday. Give yourself a present that will carry you through the rest of your life. You can do it!!
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote