Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Well guys im a slave....

to my scale lol. I have to weigh every day because if i dont and i happen to gain one day then i cant adjust my diet for the next day. id rather know ive gained and fix my meals a bit and adjust it and go from there instead of having a 5 lb gain in a week to fix. so i weighed in this am at exactly 200.0 lbs. i was excited. ive been down to 202. 0 as the lowest ive been in a long time on my home scale. so to see 200.0 at home is awsome. i am crossing my fingers for 199.9 tomorrow morning wich is only a loss of 1oz by tomorrow and i did a 30 min walk today and about to do another 1hr walk for the fireworks tonight. so its not out of reach but i wont freak if i dont hit it. im just all happy if i can break threw to the 100's its a start in the right directino and im doing it without starving myself. i was so afraid i was on the path to just stop eating and i didnt want that. i happy and excited to be on this path. you guys are a big help to me. so even if i gain a lb or two in the few weeks to come ill get there with your guys help. thanks
misty
Chatterbox1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your loss so far! (I'm at 200 pounds too!)

But you should know that scales go up and down all the time for reasons that have nothing to do with you gaining fat. Water weight gain and loss are very common. So if your weight is up one day, it may not be because you gained fat, but because you are retaining water. That is, you may not need to change your food intake, and you would lose that weight anyway...

Of course, if checking your weight is a means for you to not overeat, then maybe that's what you need to do!

Good luck getting to Onederland!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:50 PM   #3  

I weigh myself everyday also, and don't feel particularily ashamed for doing so. It just works for me to do it this way. Of course, it is helpful to know that if you do this, you will see frequent random fluctuations. If you gain two pound overnight, you have to understand that you are not seeing fat gain, but rather water.

It's as valid a strategy as any other if it works for you.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #4  
Enjoy the day!

I can understand how weighing every day may benefit some people. I weigh once a month now, though I may weigh weekly at home but feel like I'm cheating myself out of a surprise if I do. But when I weigh once a month, it always is sooo cool to have a big number jump out at me and makes it all worthwhile lol.
Brendalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #5  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Congratulations on your loss--that's awesome!

I weigh myself twice a day (morning and night) and I consider that restraint!

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #6  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Brenda, I wish I had your control. I, too, am a daily weigher, and I really want to break the habit. Nothing's worked so far, but if I can lose weight, I guess I can break the scale habit too. I just have to figure out how to do it without having to take the scale out of the house altogether.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote