Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-15-2006, 04:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Company clothing...too small...

OK, this was in another thread, but it got hidden and I really do need some support right now...feeling like poo

Background: OK...the real reason I came to rant was because I just went through this thing with my company - we are ordering shirts for a 3 day event. Of course the people that are going (5 of us) order the shirts that don't go up to 1X or 2X, they are S-XXL (ladies 18). I am stuck trying to find shirts that are at least the same color (or close to it) that come in my size. THEN when they come in, it's a hit or miss on if they will actually fit. I hate the fact that I am going to look different than everyone for the simple reason I am too fat to fit in the regular shirts.

Just happened:
through *tears* ....the whole shirt thing I mentioned above. I know this probably belongs on another thread, but I had already mentioned it here. I just got a call from my boss yelling at me because I ordered different shirts. What a horrible thing. Embarrassing. Now everyone has to order the styles that fit *me*. No doubt they will be very upset with me. The shirts they were getting were cool ones Adidas - Cutter and Buck - Ping shirts - really cool stuff. Now they will have to order a generic brand, because of *me*. I started crying on the phone with my boss. I am so upset. I wouldn't really care, but the other day when it was brought up about switching all the shirts over, a couple people were like "but we want THESE shirts." Fat girl ruining it for the whole bunch. Ya. so. sniffle.
The bad part is, I am sitting in my office trying not to cry or stop the crying that is - there is a conference office is right across the hall so I can't even get up to go wash my face...my face gets really red when I am upset
piperboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:31 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Oh Sara that is horrible! I would be balling my eyes out too. You have every right to be upset. I don't really know what else to say except I hope everything works out and you feel better soon.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:37 PM   #3  

Update...well...he must have felt really bad cause he called back. The one shirt he thinks is close enough and the other one, he is just going to let it fly and have me wear it when I am not around the rest of the group on the day they are participating in events. I feel a little better, but my goodness. I have never felt this way about my weight. Usually no matter what, I can find ways to work around my weight and the issues that come with it. It was an eyeopener last week when it was first brought up and only makes it more so now. I guess that is good motivation huh?
Thank you so much for the word of kindness Courtnie. I think I just needed someone to sympathize - someone that knows what it's like!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:49 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

Sara - I think that is AWESOME motivation! You can do it! I was just looking at your 30 lbs by September 30 Challenge I am going to go sign up for that one!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:52 PM   #5  

We can do it. Whenever I reach for the bad food or want to not exercise, just let that conversation replay in my head
Old 06-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #6  

Sara,
I know just how you feel. We had to order company shirts too, but more for the “casual Friday” purposes, not for a specific event. We do this every year and so far I was pretty much stuck with ordering men’s size 2X because women’s only went up to XXL. It was so embarrassing to put down “Mens 2X” on the list hanging in the lunch room, but at least I don’t really have to wear them if I don’t want to. The irritating thing was that the men’s sizes went up to 3X and women’s nowhere close.
Your boss was being a real butthead, it’s a good thing he finally figured that out. Don’t let him get to you next time. The world is full of jerks, but it is also a good place to unexpectedly find good people like here on 3FC. And don’t be ashamed of crying, I know it’s not something you really want to do in public, but maybe sometimes it’s good to let people see that they hurt your feelings, makes them think twice next time before just blurting something out.
Good luck to you.
NinaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:56 PM   #7  
Starting Fresh

I have it all figured! I wake up at 5:45 to get in 60-80 min on bike. The only thing that keeps me going is Dawson's Creek is on at 6 and I am not addicted to that show! So I never want to skip exercising because I don't want to miss the show, haha. I never used to watch much tv, so it's all new eposides for me. The only bad thing is, I realized that yesterday and today's eposides were the searies finial - so I wonder if they are going to stop playing it now I hope not! haha
Old 06-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #8  

Sad thing is , there are shirts available (nice ones too) that they do make in our size. The industry had made huge steps in that way, however still not the "branded" shirts - you know the cool name brand ones that everyone wants (but me!)
Old 06-15-2006, 05:05 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

What is it with people and brand names? I guess I used to be like that but I realized now that a 20$ pair of jeans is better then a 80$ pair. Heck, I can have 4 for the price of one! And then when you walk a hole in the bottom (I am short) or something like that, you don't feel bad throwing them away! Somethings I just hate spending money, seems like such a waste ... yet I always seem to run out of money, go figure.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:08 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperboo
Sad thing is , there are shirts available (nice ones too) that they do make in our size. The industry had made huge steps in that way, however still not the "branded" shirts - you know the cool name brand ones that everyone wants (but me!)
I know what you mean, some of the shirts they were ordering for our company were actually kind of ugly, but they were the "Brand Name", so that's what everyone agreed on, even though I can go through my catalogs and pick out ten different shirts that will be cheaper and more flattering on any figure, but they won't even look at them because they are not "Branded". Feels like highschool, honestly.
NinaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #11  

Well, we can do it. The hurt only made my resolve stronger, so I will get this weight off and proudly order a LARGE this time next year
Old 06-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
I have it all figured! I wake up at 5:45 to get in 60-80 min on bike. The only thing that keeps me going is Dawson's Creek is on at 6 and I am not addicted to that show! So I never want to skip exercising because I don't want to miss the show, haha. I never used to watch much tv, so it's all new eposides for me. The only bad thing is, I realized that yesterday and today's eposides were the searies finial - so I wonder if they are going to stop playing it now I hope not! haha
Courtnie...I caught the last episode the last time they went through them all...and the next day it was back to episode 1. I have watched since then (it was my first exposure to that show) I have a feeling tomorrow will be back to number 1...but I'm just guessing. I can't believe how caught up in it I got! I'm not much of a TV watcher but I sure did get into D. Creek. It was kind of cool to start at the very beginning.

Piper...I'm sorry for what you've gone through. What I find so interesting is how so many here at this forum can relate exactly to what you're going through...have even been there ourselves. Where else can you find a concentration of people who've been there? I know I've been there. That's the reason I always HATED company picnics! I think, honestly, it's a form of discrimination...it definitely creates hostility and hurt. Also, I noticed you were in Memphis...me too!

Last edited by royalsfan1; 06-15-2006 at 06:47 PM.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:23 PM   #13  
Starting Fresh

royalsfan1 - I just went to TBS.com and you are right! They are starting again tomorrow! I am so excited! You are just like me, I can't believe how caught up I am in it and I am not much of a TV watcher either! haha I like my CSI tho
Old 06-15-2006, 05:25 PM   #14  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperboo
Well, we can do it. The hurt only made my resolve stronger, so I will get this weight off and proudly order a LARGE this time next year
Girl I'm with you on that. Looks like we started at the same weight except I'm just two inches shorter. Good luck to you!!
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:26 PM   #15  

You guys are absolutely awesome!!! Thank you so much. Tears dried and it has changed from hurt to more motivation...I just needed an ear (or two) to get me through!!!