Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default How Long Does it Take?

How long does it take for your body to reflect the damage you have done with a bad meal/day/weekend?
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I think it depends... mine takes 2-3 days and usually I can recover within 6. I went drinking with some friends on Friday night (UGH) and i'm still retaining water from it. Learned my lesson on that one! NEVER again!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:26 PM   #3  

well, i had a whole bad WEEK--when I went on vacation and ate half the seafood in South Carolina, and it took several weeks to recover from that. I didn't GAIN any weight while on vacation, but I stayed at that plateau for weeks. As soon as I came home I started my good ol' healthy routine immediately, but that scale didn't budge for WEEKS.
mudbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:12 PM   #4  
itsforme

S/C/G: 189/174/140

I'm learning this ever so slowly, but surely! I can undo a weeks worth of dedication in one outing! Add a few glasses of wine and I retain water for days after. Somehow I can't seem to get past the weekends as I / we live for the weekends. Living up north, we only have a few months out of each year to cram everything in. Somehow I'll have to figure out a way to stop sabotaging myself. Any ideas?
itsforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I don't know--one bad day shows the very next day and that makes me try to be extra good that day and the next and usually by the 3rd day, things are back to normal. But I really have to try extra hard to make it all up. Yesterday was pretty bad, after having a really, really good week. I am trying hard today (difficult for the weekend) but will be really good tomorrow. I think Tuesday things will look up. I refuse to just give up. Falling is not failing.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:21 PM   #6  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell
I don't know--one bad day shows the very next day and that makes me try to be extra good that day and the next and usually by the 3rd day, things are back to normal. But I really have to try extra hard to make it all up. Yesterday was pretty bad, after having a really, really good week. I am trying hard today (difficult for the weekend) but will be really good tomorrow. I think Tuesday things will look up. I refuse to just give up. Falling is not failing.

I'm like that, too...they show up the very next day, and then if I'm good for 2 days or so, I get back to where I was.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:50 PM   #7  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

I'm pretty much the same way. A couple of weigh ins ago I was up 4.4 pounds after a free for all week. I was good for most of the week after and I lost the same 4.4 pounds at my last weigh in. I learned from that and have been good since. Not saying I won't falter again but it should keep me on plan for awhile before it happens again

Just get back up on the high horse and try again.

Kim
nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:08 AM   #8  
Melting Butter

Maybe it's just me ...but I don't notice changes from bad meals or days. It's really just a mental thing where I get disapointed for a little while before I vow to do better the next day.
You have to remember that one bad day or one bad weekend wont cause you to gain 4 pounds overnight. If that was the case no one would ever lose weight!
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #9  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

but it can certainly cause ME to gain 5 lbs in water weight!!! My weigh in tommorow morning is screwed! LOL
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #10  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

it can take a week for me to see a bad weekend show up. ditto for hard work and eating right, I might not see the results until the following week.

sometimes the extra weight will show up on Monday (that's why I don't weigh myself until Wednesday), when my body has had a chance to level off from a higher cal weekend.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #11  
Working at it

S/C/G: 180/tracker/115

Height: 5'3"

I have a problem when I eat white bread...The problem shows up overnight, but goes away after about three days...
I really can gain 3 lbs of water overnight and sit there and wonder why...but at least it´s just water.....

--Katherine
ktgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #12  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I'm not sure. I ate poorly this weekend when we went to the lake. Sunday wasn't the best either. Back on track this morning. Won't weigh til Thursday so hope I can break even by eating right til Thursday.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #13  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle
I'm not sure. I ate poorly this weekend when we went to the lake. Sunday wasn't the best either. Back on track this morning. Won't weigh til Thursday so hope I can break even by eating right til Thursday.
I do that too. Takes just a couple of days but I can "break even" pretty quick.
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote