Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-26-2006, 02:51 PM   #1  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Default Urge overtaking me

UGH Ive had some trouble with my boyfriend that i'd rather not talk about and i just want to reach for something comforting... i want to snack so bad... i want to stuff my face just to feel some comfort. BUt I know Ill feel SOOOO bad afterward. I wish I had some celery sticks. Ugh this is awful, I want to pig out. I dont know what to do to make it stop.
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I can completely sympathize with that feeling. Maybe you could try writing a poem or something along those lines about how your boyfriend trouble is making you feel right now. Writing is usually therapeutic for me, and at least it will give you something to do with your hands other than reaching for food.

Maybe a favorite teddy bear and a blanket or a phone call to a close friend can provide some of the comfort that we tend to look to food for. If food is an absolute must, maybe a nice warm bowl of soup will do the trick.

Good luck and I hope your boyfriend trouble works out (whatever it is).
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Hi Peeb,
Sorry to hear about your problems with your fellow!!! It's terrible how life comes at you when you're trying to do something good for yourself.
My advice is to get out of the house!! Take a walk, go to the park, go buy yourself something (maybe something a size smaller to motivate you).
We all need comfort from time to time!! Food is little comfort when we are seeking human compassion. Call a friend and talk.
If you still want something, try and get some sugar free-low fat ice cream cone at TCBY and don't bring home a quart. Just something to tide you over.
Anyway, I hope you get to feeling better.
Remember how hot you are going to look when you lose the weight you want!!!
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

PeeB - I'd suggest talking to someone about it, someone who isn't going to tell you what to do, or give you advice.. sometimes it's nice just to TALK about it.. when I have problems with my bf I just need someone to complain to. It'll get it out of your system and I bet you'll feel better. Dealing with the problem is going to be the thing to help you the most. If there is anything I can help with, let me know! Take care of yourself..

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #5  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

How about making up a bubble bath and covering your face in a nice gooey mask? That always comforts me, and might interfere with the pigging out. Sorry about your bf troubles.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:08 PM   #6  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Im sorry...I think all the suggestions above are good ones. You can make it through. Keep your head up.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/220/150

How 'bout some retail therapy? go buy yourself a nice new fingernail polish or a cuddly teddy bear.
KKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:47 PM   #8  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a rough time with your man. Be strong!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote