Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-17-2006, 10:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/169/130

Height: 5'3"

Default :(

Just found out about 3 hours ago that my childhood cat, Patches, was put to sleep. 3 weeks ago she had a blood clot in the middle of her back that paralyzed her hind legs. My parents have been feeding her medication since then, and we thought she was getting better...but when my parents took her in today for her check up, the vet found that no circulation was getting to her legs. In essence, her legs were 'dying', and that infection would soon spread afterwards. I'm glad that she's no longer in any pain, and that she's probably fat and happy up in kitty heaven now, getting all the tuna and turkey she wants, sleeping in sunbeams, and running around chasing bugs like she used to. She was a very old kitty, about 16, and had a good life.

But it still hurts...I didn't even get to say goodbye. We're getting her ashes on Friday and are burying her underneath a cherry tree in the backyard. I think she'll like it there, she always used to love sitting by the window looking out into the yard.

I know it's because I'm sad and upset, but I so want to go out for some comfort food. But I know a burger and fries won't bring her back. I'm going to try to be good...if I go for some chocolate, at least I have flex points to cover it. And I did exercise today. *sigh* I just miss her.
PandyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:13 PM   #2  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like you two spent some good times together.
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:14 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

I'm so sorry about your kitty -- there really isn't anything anyone can say to make you feel better except that you'll feel better with time. In the meantime, NO COMFORT FOOD (how's THAT for support )! You'll only feel worse. Trust me. Just hang in there, one day at a time...
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:23 AM   #4  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Im sorry for your loss...I know how you feel about wanting to eat comfort food. But we all need to change the way we look at food. Food isnt comfort it's to fuel us.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:53 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

So sorry to hear about your kitty!!! Hang in there... and on the comfort food!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/169/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the support ladies, it really means a lot. Last night the fiance and I ended up going to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner, ugh. BUT, for being there, I think I did relatively well. I got a grilled chicken and avocado sandwich, and asked for it without the bacon, swiss cheese, or mayonnaise. Literally all that was on it was grilled chicken, avocado, and tomato. It came with fries but I substituted that for asparagus, which was very tasty. I'm glad I read this before leaving, though. My fiance got a piece of strawberry cheesecake and I allowed myself ONE BITE of his, nothing more. Six months ago I would've bought an entire piece of their chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake and eaten that whole honkin' thing by myself Downing 1000 calories in a piece of dessert won't make me feel better in the long run, so I didn't let it make me feel better for 5 minutes. Thanks again guys!
PandyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

I am sorry!! I was soooooo upset when I had to have one of my cats put to sleep... cried for days!!!!
mo_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

I'm sorry for your loss! I've kept kitties for years and I know how it feels to lose one that you love!! They become like little members of your family.
Great job on the cheesecake factory!!! One of my rewards is when I lose 25 lbs is to have a godiva chocolate piece of cheesecake. I think it is 20 points! but it will be worth it!
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:48 AM   #9  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

sorry to hear it, pandycat. I'm a real cat person and have lost several pets. We have a cat now, Chloe, and I love her dearly. Great job on not turning towards the goodies.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:33 AM   #10  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

I am truely sorry about you kitty. They become such a wonderful part in our lives. The are the true unconditional love we are all looking for.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:29 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

So sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a pet is very hard. It does sound like she had a long wonderful life. Good job on thinking it through before drowning your sorrows with food. That would only make you feel worse.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote