Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #1  
mostly harmless

Default Shorter Feet

It's really weird. My shoes are now too big. I'm halfway to my goal weight, and suddenly I'm walking out of my slip on shoes that have fit just fine for years.

My feet weren't fat. Every other part of me was, except my hands and feet, so this is really a surprise.

I think the decreasing weight has allowed my arches to spring higher again, thus making the over all foot shorter.

Strange, strange, strange... I'm going to get smaller shoes.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #2  
LLV

I noticed that too.

When I was heavy, I had shoes I couldn't even get my feet into. Now I can wear those same shoes with two pairs of socks.

LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #3  
9.95 + S & H

yep, you had some fat on your feet which is now gone.
PsycoPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:19 AM   #4  
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsycoPhat
yep, you had some fat on your feet which is now gone.
Well, I didn't. My skin is really thin on my hands and feet and you could see and feel that there was no pudginess there.

My feet used to be size 9 before my pregnancies (the last one was 16 years ago) and they expanded to size 10 then. Now I'm back to a size 9 again. I do have really high arches, so it's quite probable that my theory about the arches is correct.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #5  
LLV

When I was heavy, I had to buy 9-1/2 shoes. Now I'm back to size 8's.

Your feet don't shrink, as far as I know, so what other explanation is there? I didn't think my feet were 'fat' either, but they had to have been. I've gone down a whole shoe size and a half.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:06 PM   #6  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 166/152/140

Height: 5'9"

I was a 7.5 before pregnacys. Now I am a 9 or 9 1/2.....I wish mine would shrink back
kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:22 PM   #7  

It's so weird, I didn't think I had fat feet, but my shoe size has gone down too. The tops of my feet are much slimmer now, and I can wear pretty shoes again, yay!!!!! Just in time for summer and sandals, yippee!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

We may not think that we had any fat on our feet...but we do. After I lost the first 30 pounds, I realized I could not wear the strappy dress shoes that I had planned on wearing for an event (I had worn them once or twice 6 months or so before...) because they were now too big. Not only that, but the ankle straps with the little "holes" in them had to be fastened 2 holes smaller-because my ankles had gotten smaller as well.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:25 PM   #9  
Enjoy the day!

True, since I have gained all my weight I have gone up a shoe size, and some shoes a size and a half. I can't wait to fit into my smaller shoes again!
Brendalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

well, putting on 95 pounds since high school, my ring size and shoe size has only gone up half a size. my ring size in high school at 100 pounds was a 4.5, now at 166 it is only a size 5. my shoe size in high school at 100 pounds was an 8 and now at 166 my shoe size is 8.5. i don't really expect my fingers or feet to shrink much when i hit my goal of 130. i think they will probably stay the same size they are now.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:38 PM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Fat distributes itself over your entire body, and there are two types -- visceral, or the stuff that surrounds your internal organs, and subcutaneous, or the stuff that sits under your skin. Some people, especially men, tend to accrue visceral fat, seen often as a "pot belly". This type of fat is considered really dangerous, which is why a waist measurement of over 35" for women/40" for men is considered a marker for increased risk of heart disease. Sub-cutaneous fat goes over your entire body, and is deposited in some areas more than others. So, it makes sense that with decreased weightloss comes decreased foot size in lots of people. You might notice that your rings fit looser with decreased size -- again, this is the loss of subcutaneous fat on your fingers!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote