Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-13-2006, 11:34 PM   #1  
LLV

Default The Blow-Out Thread

Okay, who's totally blown it this weekend?

I sure have. Let's see... I've eaten......

2 triangular (not little tiny squares) pieces of pizza.

A veggie sub.

Candy.

Chocolate.

More chocolate.

Way more bread than I've needed.

A pick here and there of somebody's french fries.

Nibbles of soup and hamburger helper (what my husband wanted for dinner tonight) and about 5 or 6 licks of yet more chocolate that I melted down to make frozen chocolate-covered bananas.

A few licks of whipped cream and banana pudding while making banana parfaits (all of these yummies are things I committed myself to making for dinner tomorrow).

And it's not over yet, I've still got a mother's day dinner to get through, which is the event I've made all these goodies for that I just HAD to have tastes of.

Yeah, I usually always just put it behind me and not look back, but it's still nice to know I'm not alone when it comes to completely screwing up

I don't EVEN wanna know how many calories I put away in all that chocolate.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:40 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Linda... oops sorry you didn't do so hot. But hey, just jump right back on the wagon. We will all scoot over to make room for you!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:44 PM   #3  
LLV

Yep, the ole wagon, I never let it go down the road without me. But sometimes, as in this particular case, I have to run like **** to catch it.

lol
Old 05-13-2006, 11:48 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
Yep, the ole wagon, I never let it go down the road without me. But sometimes, as in this particular case, I have to run like **** to catch it.

lol
LOL ===laughing hysterically=== I know EXACTLY what you mean!!!

Well, all that running will burn off some of those excess calories you allowed to catch up with you.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:50 PM   #5  
LLV

I'm also ready to go out and run around the block!
Old 05-14-2006, 02:03 AM   #6  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I'm smack-dab in the middle of a planned-well-in-advance blowout weekend and (as Kramer would say), "I'm luvin' every minute of it!"!

It's my birthday AND Mother's Day all rolled into one, and I'm cutting myself some slack. Some... slack. Example, tonight's steak and baked potato dinner consisted of HALF the steak, HALF the potato (no butter, just a light mushroom sauce) and HALF the dinner roll. Of course, I had a whole slice of birthday cake (and will have another tomorrow, guaranteed), but only one small scoop of ice cream. Oh, yeah, and 2 whole glassses of champagne. Cheers!

I think I just about broke even today (according to Fitday, my deficit is right around 10 )

Tomorrow, the family is planning to make a pancake brunch. I'm not sure what's for dinner -- maybe the other half of tonight's dinner. Yum!

Exercise? What's that? Not for me this weekend.

Of course, Monday it's back to business. No regrets, no guilt, no remorse... just goooood memories and a renewed spirit!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:22 AM   #7  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Lena... Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! AND Happy Mother's Day!! Does this mean double the presents, or are they usually combined?

I hope both events were wonderful and celebrated just how you wanted them to be.

You did well with your halves, and at least you planned for this to happen, so no surprises, and no regrets.

Linda and Misti - I have done well this weekend, but I am not a mother and am not going to any Mother's Day events, so that should help. I am starting to feel a bad case of the 'munchies' coming on, but I'm hoping to stave that off. TOM isn't due for over a week (although I don't really know WHEN he will pop his head up) so I shouldn't be getting cravings yet. Fingers crossed that I don't end up caving in to the cravings.

Good luck with the rest of the weekend.

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:14 AM   #8  
Sweet Success

I had a horrible Thurs and Friday, Sat does not look to great but okay.
Somebody got on my nerves this week. I had got agitated because someone tends to try to involve me in something that I just do not want to be involved in.

If this was just a friend I would had turn around and walk away and not call you for a while but this is not a friend this is a family member.
Anyways. I did not exercise at all last week. Horrible mistake when I know if I get out there it brings my stress levels down. SO guess what? I let the stress build while my mind grind on the crap

Thursday I over ate on ice cream that has been sitting in the freezer for three weeks. I DID NOT need that.

Friday I ended up in that same mood with heavy cravings of sweetness I had 4 pieces of almonds coated with chocolate and I wanted MORE!!!!! but I knew that would be a big mistake. This craving bother me alllll day, and I had decided to make me a BIG bowl of salad, lettuce, tomatoes, graded a slice of kraft free singles, table spoon of bacon bits, 5 croutons, balsamic vinegar. I made two of these Friday. I did not feel so bad eating these even though it ended up going over my required calories in the last three days. Yesterday I could of done with out one of the snacks. So maybe I will gain control today.
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:18 AM   #9  
Sweet Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less of Lena
I'm smack-dab in the middle of a planned-well-in-advance blowout weekend and (as Kramer would say), "I'm luvin' every minute of it!"!

It's my birthday AND Mother's Day all rolled into one!

Happy Birthday Less Of Lena
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:20 AM   #10  

Lena, happy birthday and happy Mother's Day!!! It doesn't sound as if you did bad at ALL with cutting the portions in half and using a lot of self control!!!

Zelma, glad you're feeling a bit better. Hang in there!!!

Uh oh Feisty... hope you got that "sugar binge" out of your system and glad you are back to the salads!! Happens to the best of us!!
Old 05-14-2006, 09:24 AM   #11  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Happy Birthday, Lena! Me too.... Well, I'm not a mom, but my MIL is coming to visit today.

As for the blown weekend... We hung out with some friends yesterday for the pre-birthday thing, so I had fried chicken fingers and potato chips for lunch. Then we went out for dinner at an Indian place I love and I ate absolutely everything I was served, which was waaaay too much. Then later that evening I had a piece of peanut butter pie (in lieu of bday cake). And then Pepto Bismol just before bedtime!

I'm not counting on today being much better as we are supposed to take MIL out somewhere today, but after yesterday I think I'll at least eat less if not actually healthy. I couldn't go to sleep until late last night 'cos my tummy was so upset... If you're gonna play, you're gonna pay...

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:06 AM   #12  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Happy Birthday backatcha, Lala!!! I just had Indian food for the first time about 2 years ago, and I can see why you like it. So yummy! Hope you have a good time with MIL today!

And thanks, everyone, for the birthday wishes! Haven't had that pancake brunch yet -- DS is still sound asleep!!! Yeah, I was pretty proud of myself, Misti, for cutting everything in half. In the old days, I used to be able to eat an entire steak and potato of this size, but surprisingly, nowadays I'm actually quite satisfyingly full with just the half portions!

And looks like I very well may get "some" exercise in after all. My combined birthday/Mother's Day gift was just what I hinted for (ever so subtly, yeah right... ). A mini-tramp!

We all had a short go on it last night. Man is it ever fun! I have a feeling everyone is going to end up using it, and that's great! The only thing that scares me is I just noticed the weight max is 200... oops. Now I have even more incentive to get moving weight-wise, 'cause I don't want this thing to break on my turn!

Hope you're feeling better today, Zelma. That TOM can be so difficult to account for. eh?

Awww Feisty, sorry your family member has put you in this situation. Are you like me, and oftentimes just can't say "no"? I hope things sort themselves out quickly for you.

See you all later!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Do calories count if you can remember how many you drank at your daughter's wedding?

I had no intention of being even mindful yesterday ... nor today for that matter. But I've been gooder more days than I've been badder so ... I'm feelin' fine!

Onward and upward (or downward I guess) tomorrow!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:46 PM   #14  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

We went shopping today and I expected to be home by lunchtime. Well, my husband was in the mood to shop and kept saying let's go here, let's go there, don't you need this, don't you need that? Of course I was not gonna spoil that by saying time to go home and have our healthy lunch, was I? I did look for Subway but it was closed for remodelling so we went to Kentucky Fried Chicken! *hangs head* I even chased it with a Pepsi, which I haven't had in days. I'd like to say it tasted too greasy and yucky but I'd be lying. It was delicious, every fat-ridden, calorie-laden bite of it.
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:42 PM   #15  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I had 2 slices pizza and chocolate cake on Friday at my daughter's 14th birthday party. Should feel guilty but I don't . Back on program for Sat. and today . I know the pizza wasn't great for me, but I used to eat 4 slices at least. Plus, had one piece of cake and never touched it again on Sat. or Sun and cleaned the pan out today, so it's gone. Believe me, this is improvement over how I would have eaten before.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote