Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/116/110

Height: 5' 4"

Default I'm losing motivation...

Hello everybody,
I've been on a diet since February. When I started my diet I was 146lbs , currently I'm between 129-132lbs. My height is 5.4'. I've been in the 130s for more than a month now and I can't lose anymore. I never cheat and I try to workout couple of days a week. I don't go over 700-1000 calories a day. I usually have bran cereal for breakfeast. I eat veggies and fruits throughout the day I also eat chicken breast or tuna fish sometimes. I consume more than 90oz water a day. I don't drink any sodas or anything that contains sugar. And instead of losing weight, I weigh more everyday. My goal is to be 110lbs by September, which is reasonable. But I don't think it's going to happen with this speed. Please tell me what I can do to lose at least 1lbs in 2 weeks. Please help me, I'm losing my motivation...
dietnlose? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:26 PM   #2  

maybe you arent eating quite enough. sometimes you need a few extra calories to burn off.
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

You are very close to an ideal weight for your height. In my experience, it is much more difficult to lose weight when you are close to your ideal weight. In my opinion, you aren't eating enough. How can you convince your body to let go of its few remaining lbs of fat reserve that you may need to keep you alive in a famine if it thinks you're in a famine every day?
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #4  

I am 5" 4" and have been trying to get to 130 for a number of months. As you get closer to your goal weight, weight loss slows down. Your body adapts to the regime you give it. Some ideas:

Increase your activity. Look at the intensity of your workouts. Change your workouts. Your body also adapts to the same exercises, if you do them continuously.

Check your calories. You may be taking in more than you think. If you are indeed taking in only 700-1000, that's too little. Over time, if you are underfed, your body will adapt to the starvation level and start hanging on to everything and anything it can. Try zig zagging your calories; eat more for a day or two, then eat less. At any rate, the recommended level of calories just to maintain body functions is no less than 1100-1200.

One theory is that we all have a weight at which our bodies are comfortable and don't want to go below. It may be that you (and I) have reached that level. I don't know any of the science behind this theory, but it may be true.

Personally, I have decided to give up worrying about it. I will follow the lifestyle I have developed for myself, and probably lose the last pounds very slowly. I must watch my calories very carefully at this point. If I give up and just eat, I will be back where I started in a few short months. I have cemented my workout life and most often hit the gym 5 days a week. I still love working out, so that will stay as part of my lifestyle until I hit the old age home.

Hope this helps...
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:39 PM   #5  

I tried increasing my calorie consumption throughout the day, and I always gained some weight right after it. I'm afraid of gaining back the weight I've lost.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #6  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietnlose?
I tried increasing my calorie consumption throughout the day, and I always gained some weight right after it. I'm afraid of gaining back the weight I've lost.
It's common for your body to fluctuate from day to day, and it also takes a few days to burn off the calories! So that would be normal...
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:29 PM   #7  
I restore Teeth.

Edit: I think you're relatively healthy so that your body decides NOT to lose weight that quickly. It's an evolution mechanism.

Last edited by veggielover; 05-01-2006 at 10:40 PM.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #8  

Veggielover, my fat is distributed on my upper body only.My butt is tiny and I have a huge belly, with big-breasts imagine how I look ... I'm going to start eating a bit more and see how it goes from there.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:37 AM   #9  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

you definitely need to eat more. If you are putting on weight just eatting 1200 cals means that you lost the weight the wrong way anyways. You should never go below 1200 cals on purpose. Honestly I think 1200 is way too low for anyone who works out on a regular basis. Keep up the working out, and up the calories, and you will be were you want to be.

Like others have said though, depending on your frame size, you are already at ideal weight or pretty dern close to it.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #10  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Defintley need to have more calories. You should be eating at lease 1200 calories a day. Especially if you are working out. Like Ready2shed said if you put weight on from eating 1200 calories you lost it the wrong way. The weight will start coming off again but you need to have more calories. Also try not to weight yourself as much. Maybe once a week? Hope this helps.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:35 AM   #11  
I restore Teeth.

darlin'

people tell me that I disappear when I turn sideways- I think you better caution yourself when you want to be that weight. My metabolism is very fast and I can only keep up with it eating so much, but you my dear will slow your metabolism if you continue eating that little.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

We're fairly alike in a few aspects. I get stuck fairly often too now.
Can you tell us what you do for working out?
And nobody who knows me very well will be surprised that I suggest more protein. I'm a big fan of increasing protein.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #13  

I'm going to start eating more as soon as possible. I usually do cardio for an hour and crunches for my stomach 600-700. I workout at home so I can't do any weights. I'm planning to start working out at a gym to do some weight training. Hopefully I'll be 110lbs by September...
Old 05-04-2006, 12:43 PM   #14  

I tried increasing my calories for the last 2 days, and I lost 2lbs
I'm so happy, I think I'm going to accomplish my goal for September. I can't WAIT...