Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2006, 10:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default nothing like clothes shopping to make me

feel like a big fat cow. Ugh! it's that wedding/grad season, and I am looking for something to wear that looks half decent, fits and I can afford all at the same time. Not to mention I live in the boonies so resources are limited. I want to be thin NOW, not 6mos or a year from now dang it, I just have no patience. I have been being very good with eating and getting more exercise but apparently not enough...
so frustrated.
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:17 AM   #2  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

I know the feeling. I have been trying on bathing suites and I get so depressed afterwards. But hang in there you will find something. Just remember you can always change something that you love when you find it. Like, I think I have nice legs so I like short things (draws the attention away from my body) so I just find a nice dress or skirt and hem away.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #3  
Fit chick in hidding

S/C/G: 201/164.4/100 4'11"

I know how you feel. I've often said that weight loss should be available on a credit system. Lose the weight now than do payback exercises for the next year.

If you can find a good plus size shop around you should be able to find at least some cute clothes that help keep you motivated. You can try second hand stores too, I find that most of my clothes only fit for a short time now that I'm losing so most of them will all be donated to second hand stores, so if other people are doing this too you may have a good selection of hardly worn outfits.
LuckySmyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:43 AM   #4  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Lucky LOL @ the credit system! Thats great, How I wish.

Tracey I know JUST how you feel. Sometimes, Ill be feeling good about losing weight, and I want to get something cute to show off the changes. So I :::dum dum dum::: GO SHOPPING! Do I have a learning disorder? I do it again and again, with such hope that Im going to find something flattering to show off my changes. But once out of 20 or 30 trips maybe I find one item that actually FITS and that doesnt make me look as much like a whale as everything else.
Every single time I go shopping, I come home depressed, feeling grosser than ever. And I HATE special events for which I am FORCED to buy something.
You just have to keep trucking, and think about how this will be the last time youll be the size you are. Every day, even if its in fractions of ounces, you are getting smaller.
I know it sucks for right now though... you are so not alone. I cant wait to have a positive shopping experience. I was hoping by June 1 I would be able to try on this pair of Old Navy cargo pants and look decent in them (cause I just KNOW they would be soooo cute on me if I were small!), but now that that is only a month away, I know thats not going to happen. ::sigh:: Maybe August 1?
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Oh Tracy, do I know that feeling! It seems like it's never going to happen. We just have to be patient and realize that it takes time. This is the advice that I received just yesterday when I posted the same theme. It will come off, we just need to be steady and consistent. I know it's hard, I don't feel attractive in anything - this accentuates my hips, that my stomach, oh my gosh - that my thighs! Hang in there lady, it will happen for all of us if we keep eating smart and living healthy. By the way, Azul, I love the way you always find something positive about yourself. It's a great motivator! Thanks!
Barb
babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #6  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

I'm not trying to be negative but you didn't put on the weight in a short amount of time so why should it come off so quickly?

Nobody wants to "save up and pay cash" for anything anymore.

We, as a society, are so used to getting what want when we want it that when it comes to taking the time to make our lives better (no matter how long that is) we are so quick to throw it away or become so discouraged.

I've been there too. I've started diets, got frustrated, and quit. But no more. I know it takes a long time to change my body and my mind so I'm ready now.

It's a mindset we all have to take.

Just my 2 cents.
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Clothes shopping can definitely be frustrating at first. I started at a size 20 and didn't buy anything new til I could wear a 14. Then, only bought a couple things size 12 and 10. I love shopping now that I can buy a 4 or 5 and all it took was sticking to it. I'd still love to have a smaller tummy but I can usually find things that look decent anyway. What I'm trying to say is, keep up the hard work and before you know it, you'll be in the cute, small things that you are now dreaming of wearing. Good luck and have patience, no one gets there over-night, but we do get there with determination.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote