Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-27-2006, 12:38 PM   #1  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Question Off Evening Tomorrow?

I am trying to figure out what I am going to do. I am going to Jazzfest tomorrow, and Im going to have to eat. And you cant bring anything with you.
It will help that it will mostly be seafood and meat stuff, and I dont eat those things, but I know that even if I can find a salad that doesnt have meat on it it will have a fattening dressing. I can just use very little dressing... but then thats not going to fill me up for very long, and I will be tempted again... if they have something, ANYthing veggie like cheese pizza, Im probably going to eat it. I can see breaking down and having a couple of beers, too. But I could easily end up eating 1000 calories there, and I dont want that to happen.
Keeping in mind that I cant bring any outside food in, does anyone have any suggestions for my plan of attack? I am kinda okay with having some sort of food I dont normally have, but Im afraid that being outside, being hot, and walking so much, Ill get so hungry and go overboard.

:::thinking....::::
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:47 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

If you are outside and hot, and walking so much - DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER. Skip the beer and enjoy a nice piece of pizza or something if that is what you want. Don't have both - pick one or the other if you are worried about going over. Don't stress - you will be fine.

OR - I allow myself a break day where I don't count. Don't worry if your a bit high tomorrow eat a bit less the next day. Or something.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:54 PM   #3  

This is a lifestyle thing. You are not going to be 100% on plan every day for the rest of your life, unless you are superhuman.

One of the things I have learnt is that its ok to have fun occasionally. Occasionally. To be able to have a fun meal, or go out and just eat, drink and be merry, without it spiralling into a binge.

One meal off plan, even if you are 1000 calories over, might mean you don't lose as much as you would, or maybe not loose at all this week, but that's ok too.

One word of caution, don't weigh the day after your night off. If you eat salty foods, you will retain water and weigh heavier than you would normally, and that may well make you feel like giving up.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:57 PM   #4  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Thanks for the help... I will try not to feel too bad for indulging a little, but i reeeeeeeally dont want to sabotage this week. Summer is coming :O( !!!! Argh its going to be hard.
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

PeeB - When is it tomorrow? If it's during the evening, try eating low fat, with lots of fruits and veggies all day, keep the calories lower until the evening, it'll lessen the blow. I'd try and stash an energy bar in my purse if I were you, and if they questioned it I'd claim to have low blood sugar and if I didn't always have a snack I could get really sick and they'd have to call an ambulance. heh. I tend to be dramatic and will definitely lie to get my own way with dieting... once at work I was dieting and people were trying to get me to cheap, I told everyone I was really sick and couldn't eat anything.

Don't stress if you have one bad night.. I've had times when eating bad for one night has helped me drop weight, don't really know why. Have fun, walk lots and I'm sure anything you eat will burn itself off. That being said, stay away from hot dogs, they are pure evil!!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote