Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2006, 01:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Default intro - am I doing this right?

I'm struggling so badly with my weight - emotional eating is really bad!
I'm really depressed - Help! I'm so up and down. I feel like I'm doing so well, and then I blow it by eating WAY TOO MUCH. Nothing fits, I hate to look in a mirror, and my self esteem is gone. I'm almost 45, and I want to be healthy for my family, I just can't get it together. I'm tired of crying.
Babsy

Last edited by babsy; 04-20-2006 at 01:33 PM.
babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Well young lady, welcome! You have found a good place to come for support and advice. Tell us a little about what you'd like to eat and what you'd like to do to increase your activity levels.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #3  

Thank you, thank you for answering me! I love to eat everything. I'm Italian, and have always been taught to cook big and eat big! I used to be very athletic, but now I have a tough time exercising. I have a minor heart condition that is aggravated by weight lifting, so more or less I can walk, bike, dance, etc. I just got done eating a salad, and some homemade jerky, but I feel like ice cream could be in my future...;
Old 04-20-2006, 01:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I love ice cream ... here's my substitute. Fat free yogurt, fat free cottage cheese and fruit. You can have a huge bowlful and it's low cal, low fat, very filling and loaded with protein.

Have you been thinking about a particular programme? or were you going to try portion control and watching things?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #5  

I'm trying portion control and watching what I eat, but mostly protion control. I lost 25 pounds several years ago doing Gwen Shamblin's Weigh Down Diet, but got what the Doctor termed as too thin, so of course I went the other direction. Now I've got close to 50 lbs to lose on a 5 foot frame. By the way, how do you use one of those weight bars like you have?
Old 04-20-2006, 02:20 PM   #6  

Default Hello Babsy

Well missy Welcome to 3 fat chicks I know we're going to give you th right information to get that weight down. I'm overweight and my only support system is my mother because she's trying to lose weight and my father hmm! He's really unsupportive, I hate to say this about my father but he is really arrogant...he sometimes makes me so mad he hurts my feelngs and parents are suppose to encourage you not bring you down.

I'm Taneisha Moore, nice too meet you. I have weight to loose too babsy so maybe we can become buddes and accountability partners. I really like helping people because I know if I was in as bad of need as you're in I'd come to help you than do nothing about it. We're really defeating our purpose if we're not helping people out.

Good luck Babsy
Shanice Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:24 PM   #7  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

Yea, babsy you found the forum. Great people on this site ha. I told you. Another thing you can try is keep track of what you eat either by a notebook or try fitday.com.

Walking is excersie something is always better than nothing.

The bar things you asked about are ticklers.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #8  

Thanks, Ladies!
I need all the buddies I can get. None of my friends are overweight, they are all like Barbie Dolls! We're going away this weekend to my sons soccer tournaments and the whole group will be going for lunches and dinners. Any words of wisdom?
Where do I find a tickler? (I'm really computer challanged)
Old 04-20-2006, 02:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Mmmm Italian food... one of my major weaknesses as well. That's why I'm a calorie counter-- I can have my pasta, but instead of having a huge bowl of it with a side of peas or something I'll have a little pasta tossed in with tons of veggies. It's all about compromise!

To get a ticker, go to the purple bar at the top of the screen to "User CP". In there you can edit your signature, which shows up at the bottom of all of your posts. Then there will be a lot of info on how to make a ticker, how long to make your signature, etc. Good luck!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #10  

Thanks, Kate!
I'll check it out
Old 04-20-2006, 02:56 PM   #11  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Hi babsy. Welcome to a great group. You have come to a great place for encouragement and help. I can so relate to you about emotional eating. I am the same way. Doesn't matter the emotion.. I'll eat. I find that I'll eat even if I don't feel hungry.

" Nothing fits, I hate to look in a mirror, and my self esteem is gone."

I know just how you feel. I hate looking into a mirror. I hate shopping for clothes because I am remind of how nothing looks good on me.

If you want a ticker, go to quick links. Click on edit signature and you should find more info on how to create your own little ticker. I belive it will tell you how to add it to your signature. I hope that helps.

And I would glad to buddy up with you and help you. I want to lose atleast 50 more pounds. I want to get down to 150 and then go from there. Good luck and don't lose the faith just the weight.

Hugs, Annie
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:14 PM   #12  

Thank you for your encouragement, Annie. We will be at a mall this weekend while at my sons soccer tournament, and I have to buy some clothes that fit. Everything that I feel comfortable in is old, and frumpy looking. Maybe I'll be able to find something to feel pretty in. I'll let you know! I don't think I did the tickler right, it's not showing up. Any suggestions?
Barb
Old 04-20-2006, 03:53 PM   #13  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

you have to copy and past the html to your sig.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #14  

Thanks again for the tickler help. I really am technology challenged. Does anyone have this problem: I'll be doing really well watching my protions and what I'm eating, and then I'll start to feel really sick and the only thing that makes me feel better is to eat. When I say I'm watching my portions, believe me, I'm not starving myself! It's almost like I'm sabotaging myself!
Old 04-20-2006, 06:39 PM   #15  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

The only advice I have for you is to take it one day at a time and take baby steps in the right direction of course. Maybe start off by drinking 8 cups of water a day. Then add on controling portions. Then add on tracking calories. It's really up to you what steps you want to take and in what order. But this will help you not feel so overwelmed and you'll be taking great steps towards a healthier life.

Welcome to the forums! The people here are so wonderful.
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote