Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #1  
DIVA

Unhappy Hanging on to the wheel of the wagon

I have not completely feel off the wagon but I am definitely hanging on to the wheel!!!

Exercise has become a normal part of my day. I workout 1-2 times everyday, so that is not the problem. It is the food that I am having a problem with. I stick within my calorie range during the week but the weekends are torture - or at least I torture myself.

I don't go crazy but I eat everything that I think I would want.

I am trying to get back in gear and I am glad that I have this forum for support.
Curves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:46 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Curves!!! Glad you are still hanging onto the wagon wheel! ===extending a hand to pull you back up, moving over====

Hang in there! It's not an easy journey but we are all on it together!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:06 AM   #3  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

C'mon up, the view is much better from up here anyway... We'll help you up anytime!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:56 AM   #4  

Curves,

I totally understand where you are coming from. I am currently have the exact same problem. During the week is perfect b/c I am working and my breaks and lunch are scheduled. As soon as the weekend rolls around I find myself eating all the stuff I avoid during the week.

I don't have any advice to give, b/c I am struggling w/ the same problem, the only thing I can say, is you're not alone!

From what I can tell there are a lot of ppl here that are willing to offer the support and motovation we need to get through this.

Take care and good luck!
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/218/145

What my nutritionist told me is that the exercise is the important part to maintaining your momentum. Don't beat yourself up about exceeding your calorie intake as long as you are in control of what you are eating. For example, she told me that as long as I work out 6 days a week, I can have 1800 calories a day and still lose weight, so just keep doing the exercise and cut yourself some slack, I think we all need it.
vaughnc5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/146/150

The best weightloss advice I EVER received is just 6 words:

PLAN AHEAD
PLAN AHEAD
PLAN AHEAD

We perceive weekends as our "relax" time and too often, we "relax" right off the wagon. In addition, as long as you review your current eating plan as a 'temporary' fix lasting just until you reach your desired weight/size, you will always have that little voice telling you...'go on - you've been good all week, you DESERVE to eat <insert off-plan food here>' ...an insidious little voice which sabotages us in many areas of our lives.

Ask yourself this: "Do I want to eat <insert off-plan food here> or do I want to lose weight?" Your answer will tell you a lot about your sub-conscious motivations.

In order to shed weight and keep it off you need to make permanent lifestyle changes. Expecting to succeed by making temporary changes and then returning to your pre-diet life is simply one definition of insanity.

Doing what you've always done will get you what you've always got. So find an eating plan you can live with for life. Find an exercise you LOVE doing (rebounding/pilates are my fave combo! What's not to like about jumping on a mini-trampoline??).

You deserve a slender HEALTHY life.
Make it happen

PLAN AHEAD!
csoar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I treat weekends like every other day. I usually hit the grocery store Friday after work. I plan what I'm going to eat for breakfast/lunch/snacks for the weekend and go buy it. If I do go out on Saturday night, I try to make a healthy choice but it is the one night of the week I am fairly flexible (within the context of my own healthy lifestyle - no fried foods, no cream, etc).

Maybe your desired calorie range during the week is too low and your body desperately seeks to replenish on the weekends? (just a guess since I don't know your calorie range during the week).
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:09 PM   #8  
DIVA

My calorie range varies during the week. If I workout 2x per day - 1700 - 1800 calories; 1x per day 1500. Usually the weekends are about 1900 - 2100 per day.

I just need to treat the weekends like any other day. I will be honest - sometime I make healthy choices on the weekend; but most of the time I do not. I don't over eat but what I eat is not healthy.

Thanks for your support! I am getting back on track slowly but surely.
Curves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote