Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2006, 10:31 PM   #1  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Default If I move my butt~~~~

If I move my butt the weight comes off.....

I know it is not true for everyone... but it appears to be true for me.. when I exercise I eat better and take better care of me..

This is the second time in my life that I have seriously attempted to lose weight and get in shape.. The first time I was successful... for a brief moment.. Then.. like Rip Van Winkle I awoke astounded by the changes around me..

So why did I do this to myself..

Because if I move by butt the weight comes off...
And if I keep moving my butt the weight will stay off..

If I keep moving my butt the weight will stay off....
If I keep moving my butt the weight will stay off...

I didn't listen then...
Will I stay awake this time?
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:33 PM   #2  
I restore Teeth.

funny thing- if I exercise, I generally gain weight. I can only lose if I eat less AND not exercise at the same time. Isn't it odd? But I chose the former, cuz its healthier for me
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

The one book I keep reading over and over is Anne M Fletcher's Thin for Life. She interviews folks who have lost substantial weight and kept it off (some for many years). The percentage of people who did and still do exercise is huge (well over 90%). This was a real eye opener for me.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:15 AM   #4  
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
The one book I keep reading over and over is Anne M Fletcher's Thin for Life. She interviews folks who have lost substantial weight and kept it off (some for many years). The percentage of people who did and still do exercise is huge (well over 90%). This was a real eye opener for me.
And the average amount that the maintainers exercise - just for maintenance, not weight loss - is an hour a day. And they average 1400 calories per day.

Food for thought.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:22 PM   #5  
The Beauty of Balance

I can believe that to maintain I will be exercising everyday... even an hour or more. Once upon a time I might have thought.. no way.. it shouldn't take an hour EVERYDAY.. but now I now that it is true.. Just like I take time to shower, eat, and sleep, I must exercise. NOT make time to exercise.. but exercise.. I mean, I don't "make" time to sleep. I just make sure I do it.. why would exercise be any different.

Actually, today my entire schedule was turned upside down this evening. I was able to do my yoga class but totally could not do my cardio or even find time to eat dinner. Now I am eating something simple so that I can still be able to sleep. But I feel so charged up.. yet unable to exercise as it is late. I was looking forward to it all day.

I've got to get my cardio and weight training in my morning schedule. Somehow it has to work..

"Thin for Life" I don't recall reading that book, but I believe I've seen it mentioned on several threads. I will be looking for it in the bookstore.

Maybe my butt will be moving in the morning`
Old 04-06-2006, 07:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/188/150

Height: 5'7

this is great info- i need to get this book
judes26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm a sucker for 'gadgets' that might help. I have scads of things and books and videos and magazines but that is the one book I actually use over and over.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:25 AM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

This is good information for me and I need this book also. I had thought that once I reached goal that I would need less exercise to maintain than I did to lose. Glad I learned this. Thanks
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:03 PM   #9  
The Beauty of Balance

I bought Thin for Life this afternoon. The 2003 edition. I hope this is the newest revision as it was the only one on the shelf.