Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-28-2006, 11:55 PM   #1  
Breakfast Fiend

S/C/G: 164/154/140

Default Need new motivation for new situation

I need encouragement, and knew you guys would help me!

I'm transitioning between co-opping and returning to classes for the Spring. Nobody in class has seen me since I lost 10 pounds, and I've gotten many compliments.

I'm already sensing myself falling of the wagon, though. I'm not off yet, but I'm losing my balance because of this transition, and I'm becoming complacent with where I am in my loss and am allowing myself indulgences that I know I shouldn't and I'm doing it on a more regular basis.

Classes are stressful and more time consuming, and I'm becoming overwhelmed with the thought of losing the rest of my weight in a more difficult situation... just thinking about it makes me want to eat something.

I don't want to become comfortable where I am at now, but I'm finding it hard to find the motivation when I already feel great, and am getting compliments. I reread my journal from when I began losing, and that has motivated me to at least get myself back together, but I'm afraid of losing this initial motivation.

So I'm doing a bit of starting over right now - a new weigh-in day, a new mindset, and I'm going to need a bit of encouragement from my buddies I don't want to stop halfway, because I'm not there yet, and I KNOW I can achieve this goal... but I won't deny that I'm intimidated.
ashliebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

come on girl!!! you can hold on. pack some apples to take to school, munch on some crunchy carrots or celery with peanut butter when you feel stressed. you don't have too far to go and bathing suit season is almost upon us. take advantage of going to school. if it is very hilly, use that to your advantage and walk after classes to help relieve some stress. you can do it. have faith in yourself and the rest will follow. and we are always here for you.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #3  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Hopefully you can turn the trips to campus into an opportunity for extra exercise. I just started back at university in January and now I walk 2 miles every MWF with a friend. If you get a walking buddy from one of your classes you can even "study" while you walk, which could be doubly helpful, perhaps. But, I think you're right... if you feel complacent, that sounds like a good time to go on a "new" diet, shake things up a bit, and get excited again. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:29 PM   #4  

Oh that wagon. I went through a similar change just recently. I was fired from my job on Friday and hired on Monday (ver complicated, but it's working out.) Anyway, all last week I let myself eat whatever because I was in a new place with new people and new procedures. Anyway, I let myself have a break. I didn't feel guilty, I just let it go. Now I am back on the wagon and going strong. I think that week let me realize that the food I was eating wasn't really that good...AND...I was getting sick of it. Knowing that I am losing weight is so much better than eating crap. So my advice would be to say to yourself, "the past is the past." You will have to plan your meals better and be more aware, but it's so worth it. And give yourself a break, everyone has those times when they fall of the wagon. Just remember, you are the driver of that wagon.
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote