Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-08-2006, 01:27 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down well, shoot.

i went WAY over my cals today. i got on the scale this am and i was up 1.5 lbs. considering i've only lost two... this was a bit dissapointing. now i am shooting myself in the foot and eating more which will lead to more disappointment. shoot shoot shoot. darn it.

i just need to get a hold of this now.

tomorrow i am going to try to drink 5 liters of water to flush out my system.

i just feel l ike i let myself down and all of my hard work for the last week or two has been for naught (not?).

ggrrrr.

any support, advice, motivation welcome. its just a down day and a stressfull week.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:30 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

1.5lbs = 5250 kcals. I VERY much doubt you ate an EXTRA 5250 kcals. It's most likely water retention, especially if you ate processed food like bread/pizza/chips/cakes.

Drinking water is a good idea, also not weighing every day is even better - your body naturally fluctuates over a pound or two over the week.

You haven't let yourself down, some plans allow a "free day" once a week so take it as a free day, eat healthily tomorrow and it will all balance out. It is what we consistently do that produces results. Heard of the 80/20 rule? If you eat healthily 80% of the time, that's what produces results, if you splurge 20% of the time, then it will still work out ok.

We are in this for the long haul and there will always be slips and doughnuts that you just can't resist. We're HUMAN not some machine that should ONLY live on salad and fruit Give yourself some slack and get back to it.

2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:47 AM   #3  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

I'm going to ditto-bug 2Frustrated! I do weigh every day and chart it so that it has less emotional impact on me. This week alone I have been 270, 269, 270, 269 every day for the past several. Drink your water and get back on the horse. Anything less than 3ish pounds is just daily fluctuation and not to be worried about.

Good luck!

Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:55 AM   #4  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Dont beat the mule yet....get back on and ride....

Ok that did not look right...its a southern thing and someone may not understand....So what I am trying to say is DONT GIVE UP you can do this....I know if I can..........you can.
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:08 AM   #5  
Running Wild

ditto to all of the above!!!

all of the posts i see about the couple of pounds from day to day just solidify why i never weigh myself. i go simply by how my clothes fit. i was ecstatic this morning when i put on my denim slacks and they were loosey loosey...especially since its my TOM. grrr..
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:12 AM   #6  
Chuggin' along...

Ditto to what everyone else said. It's very unlikely you gained 1.5 pounds, most likely it's bloat from sodium. If this were easy, everyone in the world would be in perfect health. We all slip up sometimes. Don't be hard on yourself.

Now, that was yesterday. Today is a new day. A fresh start. Focus on what you're doing today, one meal, one activity, at a time. You can do it!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote