Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2006, 03:08 PM   #16  

38 is old... to a child. 21 can seem old to a child. Perhaps the husband was speaking to the child in terms they could better relate to.

Edit: I originally thought the kid made the remark, and responded with something that didn't make alot of sense.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

38 is old?! Then I guess we better send Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt to a retirement home.

(Only if I can go with them! )
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:07 PM   #18  

No way... 38 is not old. I turned 30 last year and have to say I think I like my 30's much better than my 20's. I am much more confident, have less fear, know where I want to be, am more vibrant.

It is all about how you feel... grab you partner and do something daring. I got my husband a bridge climbing adventure for father's day. How about doing something that shakes the old man up?
Marianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #19  
Gia
Canadian Momma

My grandmother is 98. She told me last week she wasn't looking forward to moving into an assisted living home because there were old people there. She said, of course some were much younger in age - but they were old. And she wasn't!
I'm 32 and I still forget that I'm not 22!
Gia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #20  
Feeling the burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia
My grandmother is 98. She told me last week she wasn't looking forward to moving into an assisted living home because there were old people there. She said, of course some were much younger in age - but they were old. And she wasn't!
I'm 32 and I still forget that I'm not 22!
lol My grandmother is the same way. She's 82 but she keeps refering to people 20 years younger than her as old ladies. But she doesn't think she's old. My grandfather makes me giggle when he says he's going gofling with his young buddies (he's 84, and they are all in their seventies)

As for "being old". It's all in the attitude. You're only as old as you act and feel I know some 30 year olds who look older than 40 and 50 years old. The most amazing was a woman I met who was 73...in better shape than most "young" people...we had trouble keeping up with her. And she looked so pretty! She said it's all about how you decide to live your life. The day she says she can't do something because she is old is the day she will be old.
Fit_Boo is offline   Reply With Quote