Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2006, 12:41 PM   #1  

Height: 5"4

Default Anyone here do Curves?

I've really been thinking about this whole exercise thing girls. I don't remember who posted but I remember what they said. I do lots of things I hate. I stand in lines, I go to the crowded local shopping market, and I have to come to my job every day. Why not exercise? I want this more than I have ever wanted anything just for me in my life.
My MIL (the devil) goes to Curves and loves it. They just put in a local Curves about 15 minutes away. The hours would fit my job perfect. Do any of you go? And what can I expect? I'm nervous and excited at the same time.
cinnamonspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:55 PM   #2  
Meg

Cinnamon - we have a lively Curves forum here at 3FC that should be able to answer all your questions.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

When I first started trying to lose weight, I signed up for Curves. I think it was the smartest thing I did. Not only did it give me the exercise that I needed, but working out helped curb my appetite. And I always slept better on nights when I had been. The folks there were extremely encouraging and friendly.

I worked out at Curves religiously (up to 5x a week) for almost two years, and I lost about 75 pounds. Eventually though, my body got so used to it that I was barely breathing heavily after finishing a 30-minute workout. That's when I cancelled my membership and joined a full gym. I'm getting in a more intense workout now, but I still miss the comraderie at Curves.
bluedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:34 PM   #4  
gotta lose it!

Cinnamon, I plan on signing up after 02/27. One of the girls I work with joined & lost 40lbs (since Oct.) She loved it so much, she picked up a second job at Curves & 02/27 - 03/16 they are having a special...if you bring in a bag of groceries, they waive the annual fee. I can't wait to join!
soon2Bfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:48 PM   #5  

Height: 5"4

Thanks Meg, I looked rather quickly I admit and didn't see one.
And that's why I'm waiting also. I'd rather bring in a bag of groceries than pay the $149.00 start up fee anyday!
cinnamonspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:08 PM   #6  
DIVA

I LOVE CURVES!!!!

I joined in December and I've lost 22 pounds!!! It gives you cardio and strength training in 30 minutes. You can push the machines as hard as your body allows your to. It's great!!!

Good luck and I am sure that you will enjoy it!
Curves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:36 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

okay personal opinion here.

any excercise is way better than no excercise so if this seems do able to you then i say go for it!

as a person who has been to a couple of gyms i was disappointed with curves. i appreciate the women only, supporting atmosphere... however i LOVE variation and the small circut they had didn't give me that. i also didnt feel like i got my heart rate up in between stations (and i was jumping around like a rabit on crack so i dont think it wasnt for lack of trying) i just felt spastic and akward, vs on the eliptical- smooth and in control. also, because they dont have weights you can change (the machines are set so everyone can use them) i didnt feel like i got the same wieght training benefits and tone there.....

just my 2 cents. i know some people adore the routine ease and the atmosphere. its a totally personal choice.

i would however ask for a trial period (i got a 1 week pass) and say you are considering signing up but want to make sure it is for you. GL!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote