Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-08-2006, 04:12 PM   #1  
.. = ]

S/C/G: 165/ 165/ 120-130

Red face tough times

well, as you may know, i am kaiti, and i am 15, and i am new here at 3fatchicks.com. i think the reason i have been gaining so much weight is because of the stress of a teenager; boys, parents, peer pressure to do drugs and drink. that stuff, but what is really bothering me is my parents, i think thats what made me gain weight; just worrying about them and that type of stuff. but now that my dad has moved away and everything is slowing down, i think i am ready to begin to lose this weight.

=D
kaiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Default You're not alone

Welcome! I know it is definitely tough trying to lose weight when you have so much stuff going on in your life. I've been overweight for years. I think I'm finally able to lose weight now because I'm out of college and I've settled into a normal enough life that I can make my weight one of my top priorities. At 15, I'll bet you're going to have a lot of challenges that I'm happy are pretty much behind me. Hopefully, you'll find some of the support and encouragement you need here. I wish you all the best of luck!

ps. Is that you in your avatar? You're adorable!
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:21 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi Kaiti:

Yes, it is stressful being a teen! I wouldnt go back to being a teen (unless I had the wisdom of a 40 year old! LOL)

So, do you have a specific plan to lose your weight? We're always here to cheer you on!

BTW, if that is you in the avatar, you are definitely a pretty girl!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #4  
.. = ]

hahaha, i hate being a teenager; but oh well.
eh no i do not; that is why i am here; trying to figure out what i should do.
aw; thank you sweetheart.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #5  
.. = ]

ps, yes that is meee. hah
Old 03-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198 (HW) 183 (SW) / 180 / 150

I love the avatar picture, great angle and composition .... did you take the photograph? Real talent there!!
Sassy8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #7  

Hello, Kaiti. I think you are on the right track by deciding to lose the weight now. Don't be too harsh on yourself. Find a plan that provides enough nutrition for your still growing body and that allows you to eat the food you like. Please, please don't go on a crash diet.

As for the other issues, I remember how hard it is to be a teenager. Be strong, don't yield to pressure, set goals and work on achieving them. Remember, if other kids are pressuring you to do something you don't want to do, they are NOT your friends.

God bless.
jrnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #8  
.. = ]

sassy: thank youuu, sweetie. yes, i did take that picture myself.
jrnyc: nono, i am not looknig to go on a crash diet; ive tried, i only ate more afterwards.

thankyoueveryone.<3
Old 03-20-2006, 06:44 PM   #9  
~*~Nikki~*~

I'm homeschooled so I think I have it a little easier with the peer pressure thing, because I think being homeschooled really..Just opened my eyes that I don't have to be like everyone else and try to fit it and stuff, but still I know being a teenager can be stressful. I don't know where you are in your exercise abilities and all, but I think exercise can be a very good form of stress relief. I like doing the kickboxing/dancing type of dvds the best, but even just going for a walk or a jog probably would help. Give you some time to think about things that went on that day and just..Help to clear your mind out.
ButterflyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I know what you mean; dealing with the ever-changing world of classes and afterschool jobs and everything else can be a real hassle, and it's easy to let your health slide to the background as you try to organize everything else! Just remember that you may not have control over how the people around you act, or how your parents feel, but you DO have control over what you eat and how active you are. Good luck!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #11  
LLV

Not to be argumentative, but that doesn't look like a teen pic, it looks like someone maybe the age of 8 or 9.

I personally thought maybe you were an older woman and that was your daughter. To be honest.

Nor do you look like you need to be on a diet.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 139/124/115

Wow! you are pretty!

Teen years suck. Even with all the stress of work, college, and bills to be paid, i would never want to do high school again!

Way to go for deciding to be healthy! Just wanted to say way to go!
anyothername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:11 PM   #13  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
Nor do you look like you need to be on a diet.
By the way, this was meant as a compliment
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:21 PM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi and welcome. You look really small in the picture, maybe you should see your family physician and let him help you with a diet plan that is sensible for someone of your age and size. Good luck , I know there is a lot of pressure for teen girls to be thin, but you look great now.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote